Good ol' fishing stories (Please share your)

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The part about spray painted toes makes me chuckle. Not sure why, but just tickles me.
True as it is, it made me chuckle as well. It was just another of those "days" that I have. I've mellowed with time and little inconsequential crap like this just doesn't get my too wound up.

Last edited:

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
18402574_1541444499234072_8570323181430283623_n.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was fishing at the dam in VC by the "Bubble" and watched a guy walk right up next to me, hook a crawler on his catfish style rig, cast it out and set the rod handle in the rocks. I mentioned that he should hold onto the rod or use a rod holder as there are some big fish that can steal your rod real quick. He told me he knew how to fish and didn't need my help. I smiled and said no problem. About 10 seconds after I said that his rod bent double and went screaming into the river before he could even sit up from the rocks. I just looked at him, winked, and kept fishin'.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I was fishing at the dam in VC by the "Bubble" and watched a guy walk right up next to me, hook a crawler on his catfish style rig, cast it out and set the rod handle in the rocks. I mentioned that he should hold onto the rod or use a rod holder as there are some big fish that can steal your rod real quick. He told me he knew how to fish and didn't need my help. I smiled and said no problem. About 10 seconds after I said that his rod bent double and went screaming into the river before he could even sit up from the rocks. I just looked at him, winked, and kept fishin'.

hahahahahaha

That is awesome!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Years ago I had a simple fiberglass ski-pleasure boat. Pretty simple rig, and the spare for the trailer was simply bolted onto the trailer axle, with a couple of big u-bolts. The spare was on TOP of the axle, off to one side. Driving down the interstate, I recall hearing some very faint howling, for a minute or two. Didn't think much of it - it sounded a long ways off.

The u-bolts loosened, allowing the spare tire to flip forward and contact the highway. Within one mile (I suppose) a hole had worn in the spare tire, large enough to put your hand through.

Hello new tire..

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Allen,

I'd like several pictures of my family fishing photos "Allenized" like you did for yours. How much do you charge? Simply awesome.

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

the young feller on the left is clearly trying to get away with something

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
yesterday the kids wanted to go tubing so I launch the boat and go park the truck. Kids are very excited to get in the water! just start leaving the marina and realize I didnt put the plug in. Open the floor hatch and see the water is right up to the bottom of the floor. Go back to the dock, back the trailer in, load the boat and pull it out to drain. Kids are getting antsy. Launch the boat again (plug in this time) and go park the truck. Get back to the dock and my wife points to the west and says "those clouds look kinda dark" and just then see a flash of lightning in the distance. Look at the radar and sure enough there is a little system heading our way. decide to wait a bit till that passes (never did rain) so go get the truck again to take the boat out. Kids are pissed. During this time, SDMF rolls up in his Yarcraft and effortlessly glides his boat up on his trailer that was there waiting for him like a pro, gives a thumbs up to the driver and away they go. Someones got things figured out!

- - - Updated - - -

We did finally get out on the water and the kids had a blast!!!

FullSizeR.jpg

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
When i was a kid my grandpa had an old 16' lund that he would take me fishing in. When I was a teenager he would occasionally let me use it. One nice saturday afternoon a buddy and I planned on sneaking a few beers and taking the boat out to the lake to do some fishing. I walked over to grandpas house and asked him if I could use the boat that afternoon and he excitedly said "sure, give me 10 minutes and I will be ready to go". He apparently misunderstood me and thought I was asking him to go fishing with me instead of me asking if My buddy and I can go out by ourselves. I was a little bummed but didn't want to hurt his feelings so I told my buddy I had to go with grandpa that day. Turns out that was the last time I got to fish with him as he passed away shortly afterwards. Looking back, I would give just about anything for one more day in the boat with that man.

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
This happened last Saturday, on Lake Sakakawea.

We were fishing a point on the east end, of course there were about 8 other boats on this point. We'll, these 2 old guys in a red ranger were fishing, and pulled in right next to me. I proceeded to watch one of the guys put his pole down and he got up to get something in the back of the boat. Well, apparently a fish hit his line, and his pole got pulled into the water. The old guy went in after the pole, headfirst. As he was sliding into the water, his partner noticed him going into the water and grabbed him the belt and pulled him back in. I was cracking up watching all this go down, as were all the other boats on that point.

So, with that said, about 2 hours later, we watched a boat come through and this guy had a nasty snag. Well, 10 min later he finally got the snag to the boat, and sure enough, it was the fishing rod the old guy lost. I think he said there was a skip jack on the other end. Well, the old guy got his rod back and everyone had a good laugh.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Darin, Jeff, and myself were fishing the James river (Nigger fishing as we called it), not trying to offend but feel as though it adds to the story. Anyway, it was early spring about 25 years ago. Darin made his way to the opposite side which was a rather adventurous journey. He is having some success and soon realizes he has used his last minnow. We have a full bucket on our side of the river. He says fill that empty Pepsi bottle up with some minnows and toss them across. So we picked out every stickle back in the bucket, which back in the day seemed to be about half the bucket. We tossed the bottle over and he fished with zero success for about 30 minutes prior to realizing that he was using them shitty little prickle backed sonsabitches.
Was hugely funny at the time, but as I tell the story, it really lacks the humor I once found in it.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
not my best fishing story but goes along with all the lost rods and grandpa stories.

I was packing up from icefishing one night and kicked my rod straight down the hole. I tied on a chubby darter and drilled a few holes and tried hooking it. Well it was dark and I had a bucket full of fish and a buzz so I said F it

So I invited my grandpa along the next weekend.I put down my underwater camera which I didn't use the weekend before or ever really but figured my grandpa would enjoy it. I noticed a "stick" about ten yards away and figured maybe that's why I was pounding fish in this spot.

Well a couple hours go by and I realize that isn't a stick, that's my damn rod! So I start drilling holes and dropping down the camera until I'm close. Sure enough its my rod stuck in the mud completely vertical. I ended up hooking it and brought it back up. The buckshot was still attached to the eyelet and I popped off a minnow head and continued to finish my walleye limit with the rod that was at the bottom of the lake for a week.

That was probably 12-15 years ago now and I still use the rod and who knows, maybe the same buckshot. ha

- - - Updated - - -

not my best fishing story but goes along with all the lost rods and grandpa stories.

I was packing up from icefishing one night and kicked my rod straight down the hole. I tied on a chubby darter and drilled a few holes and tried hooking it. Well it was dark and I had a bucket full of fish and a buzz so I said F it

So I invited my grandpa along the next weekend.I put down my underwater camera which I didn't use the weekend before or ever really but figured my grandpa would enjoy it. I noticed a "stick" about ten yards away and figured maybe that's why I was pounding fish in this spot.

Well a couple hours go by and I realize that isn't a stick, that's my damn rod! So I start drilling holes and dropping down the camera until I'm close. Sure enough its my rod stuck in the mud completely vertical. I ended up hooking it and brought it back up. The buckshot was still attached to the eyelet and I popped off a minnow head and continued to finish my walleye limit with the rod that was at the bottom of the lake for a week.

That was probably 12-15 years ago now and I still use the rod and who knows, maybe the same buckshot. ha

p.s. there is no sentimental value with having my grandpa along but it just so happened he was with on that trip. And its the only time I have ever fished with him. His only icefishing experience ever and we caught a limit of perch and eyes and a nice rod.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hot-Girl-Cooking-1.jpg

silvialicius_8_12_2017_11_29_31_775.jpg

check those tire carrier welds!

no damage - only going 10mph

on washboards of course

Holy Shiite, this just gave me an awesomely terrible flashback! I am so glad yours didn't end up like mine, it's one hell of a wheel chock.

- - - Updated - - -

Allen,

I'd like several pictures of my family fishing photos "Allenized" like you did for yours. How much do you charge? Simply awesome.

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

the young feller on the left is clearly trying to get away with something

Hah hah, feel free to send me a pic you'd like fixed. I may be slow, but my work is poor. As far as the fee(s), well...they are exorbitant.

- - - Updated - - -

Jigaman,

Overall, how do you like that particular tube? I have a couple different ones but am thinking the kids would like a sitting one to add to the mix. I've only seen the Big Mabel version in the past and they look awesome, as is the asking price.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jigaman,

Overall, how do you like that particular tube? I have a couple different ones but am thinking the kids would like a sitting one to add to the mix. I've only seen the Big Mabel version in the past and they look awesome, as is the asking price.

It has been a good tube. Bought it about 6 years ago for $100 from sams club. It is very stable so people who dont want a wild ride like it and it is comfortable. I also have a flat 3 person tube from scheels that you lay on. The scheels tube is much easier to dump the riders off. The one you are asking about is more stable but still can dump them out if needed. :cool:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get em something that requires a bit of strenght an balance to stay on. Or better yet some water skies.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88