Good winter tire for 2500 Duramax

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I only run one set of tires on my 4x4s, do you guys switch em out each season?
That was common on the old school rear wheel drive cars, didn't think it was done much anymore.

My pickup is for hauling/hunting otherwise I drive a gas saving little Taurus.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I only run one set of tires on my 4x4s, do you guys switch em out each season?

I have a 2nd set of rims/tires mounted for fall/winter (AT KO2), and run "highway" tires in the spring/summer for better mileage and fewer rocks thrown @ the boat.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
2 Sets of rims/tires. One for snow and ice, one for all other seasons. With how stupid people drive in Fargo in the winter, A designated snow/ice tire is cheap protection from people that run "all season tires", when meeting at an intersection.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have run the Hankook Dynapro ATM as well and they have been awesome tires for me overall but recently have switched over and am, on my second set of tires from Treadwright, their Warden tires and have been really impressed which is why I just bought a second set from them, can't beat the price. both sets were 560 bucks to my door for 17" E rated.
https://www.treadwright.com/collections/at-tires

Don't see an 18'' tire on their site.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've have dynapro ATM on my work truck for a year. I have been happy with them have decent traction and haven't been stuck with them yet. My 2500 dodge will be getting a set of them next spring. If they hold up good through the winter.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run the Toyo Open country AT2's on my F250... got 50k off the last set I had... and if I'm not towing I'm probably hunting and off pavment but they run quiet on the highway also

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If that's the case BF is over rated especially since their design has been changed multiple times if their that good why change. Also The grabbers come with more tread than the more expensive BF. Grabbers AT2 come ready to put in snow studs, yeah like I said BF Goodrich is over rated.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
If most of your miles are going to be road miles mostly pavement then go with the Hankook Dyna pros, They are quieter than the BF goodrich tread which makes a fair amount of noise on the road.

Seems the Hankooks have gotten the vast majority of the votes here too next to the BF's, from my experience with both is Hankook if mostly road with occasional dirt and off road and if you wanted more dirt and off road with a split of pavement then i would suggest the Bf's either way you will be happy with either.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
The OP asked for a winter tire, mostly highway and in town. Why would you chose an all terrain tire? Yes, that is the best option for all seasons, but this will be for a winter only tire that will be changed out in the spring. Get a good snow tire and don't look back.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
General Grabbers AT2, 55 thousand miles on last set, get the job done year round, and no complaints.

Muzzytipped

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just had a truck come in with these. Have not seen them before but look to fit the bill perfect.

[h=1]COOPERDISCOVERER A/TW™[/h]
rating.png

(3)

Read Reviews ❯
Write a Review ❯

DiscovererATW.png

TS_Mountain-Snowflake.jpg
Standard Limited Warranty
50,000 Mile Treadwear Protection
Severe Weather Rated
M+S Rated
The Discoverer A/Tw provides the on- and off-road, year-round performance required from an all-terrain tire. Plus, advanced compound technology and design innovations deliver uncompromised performance necessary to achieve the severe snow rating.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just had a truck come in with these. Have not seen them before but look to fit the bill perfect.

COOPERDISCOVERER A/TW™

rating.png

(3)

Read Reviews ❯
Write a Review ❯

DiscovererATW.png

TS_Mountain-Snowflake.jpg
Standard Limited Warranty
50,000 Mile Treadwear Protection
Severe Weather Rated
M+S Rated
The Discoverer A/Tw provides the on- and off-road, year-round performance required from an all-terrain tire. Plus, advanced compound technology and design innovations deliver uncompromised performance necessary to achieve the severe snow rating.

I would not put soft winter rubber tires on a 3/4 ton ....not if I expected to do any pulling over the winter

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would not put soft winter rubber tires on a 3/4 ton ....not if I expected to do any pulling over the winter

Why not? I pull all the time with my f-250 with snow tires in the winter. As long as they are 10 ply or 120 load rating, they will work as recommended.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why not? I pull all the time with my f-250 with snow tires in the winter. As long as they are 10 ply or 120 load rating, they will work as recommended.

not saying you can't do it...I wouldn't do it...I guess I like to get something out of what i pay for...I can't image a snow tire on a 3/4 ton pulling things often lasting more than 10,000 miles ... I would rather spend the money on a good A/T tire and get 50,000 out of them

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I replaced my first set with 35K on them. My current set has 15K and will see at least another 20. I replace them when the tread depth hits 5/32nds. It also saves on my ATM's

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tough to beat the BF's ,but they are pure crap after 1/2 worn. Had 2 sets on my 1/2 ton, and 2 on 2500 duramax. Same results. Will not buy again, switching to the dynapro or Firestone destination

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 42
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14