What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
Recipes
Goose Breakfast Sausage
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Lungdeflator" data-source="post: 180590" data-attributes="member: 5163"><p>Rounded up the rest of the goose we had in the freezer last night and made some sausage. Ended up with 15lbs of breakfast sausage and 9 lbs of regular stuff (just left out the maple syrup). My first attempt at making anything other than venison burger with the grinder. I made a small batch at first just to taste test and my wife said the breakfast version tasted very similar to the Jimmy Dean hot sausage with a little sweetness to it. I followed the following recipe, but left out the rendered bacon fat and the MSG and only used about 3/4tsp Sage per lb. I tried twice at Cash Wise in Stanley to get some fat trimmings, but they didn't have any both time. So I ended up with 30$ worth of pork butt and shoulder. Worked out pretty good, this stuff is awesome! Just have to vacuum seal some 1/2 and 1lb packages tonight.</p><p></p><p>Found the recipe on a different forum with a simple google search....the notes are the original authors. </p><p></p><p><span style="color: #333333">[FONT=&quot]Goose Breakfast Sausage[/FONT]</span></p><p></p><p><span style="color: #333333">[FONT=&quot]16 oz. Pork Boston butt cut into 1" cubes[/FONT]</span></p><p><span style="color: #333333">[FONT=&quot]~16 oz (4 med.-lg. goose breasts) cut into 1" cubes[/FONT]</span></p><p><span style="color: #333333">[FONT=&quot]2 teaspoons of salt[/FONT]</span></p><p><span style="color: #333333">[FONT=&quot]1 teaspoon dried parsley[/FONT]</span></p><p><span style="color: #333333">[FONT=&quot]1/2 ~ 1 1/2 teaspoons of rubbed sage (as much as you like. I used ~ 1 1/4 tsps.)[/FONT]</span></p><p><span style="color: #333333">[FONT=&quot]1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper[/FONT]</span></p><p><span style="color: #333333">[FONT=&quot]1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (or more, I did add just a touch more)[/FONT]</span></p><p><span style="color: #333333">[FONT=&quot]1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes[/FONT]</span></p><p><span style="color: #333333">[FONT=&quot]1/2 teaspoon ground coriander[/FONT]</span></p><p><span style="color: #333333">[FONT=&quot]1/2 teaspoon msg (such as Accent flavor enhancer)[/FONT]</span></p><p><span style="color: #333333">[FONT=&quot]1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (taste test first-the flakes I had were a little weak, so I added additional ground red pepper)[/FONT]</span></p><p><span style="color: #333333">[FONT=&quot]3 TBSPS Maple syrup[/FONT]</span></p><p><span style="color: #333333">[FONT=&quot]3 TBSPS Rendered Bacon fat[/FONT]</span></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Lungdeflator, post: 180590, member: 5163"] Rounded up the rest of the goose we had in the freezer last night and made some sausage. Ended up with 15lbs of breakfast sausage and 9 lbs of regular stuff (just left out the maple syrup). My first attempt at making anything other than venison burger with the grinder. I made a small batch at first just to taste test and my wife said the breakfast version tasted very similar to the Jimmy Dean hot sausage with a little sweetness to it. I followed the following recipe, but left out the rendered bacon fat and the MSG and only used about 3/4tsp Sage per lb. I tried twice at Cash Wise in Stanley to get some fat trimmings, but they didn't have any both time. So I ended up with 30$ worth of pork butt and shoulder. Worked out pretty good, this stuff is awesome! Just have to vacuum seal some 1/2 and 1lb packages tonight. Found the recipe on a different forum with a simple google search....the notes are the original authors. [COLOR=#333333][FONT="]Goose Breakfast Sausage[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT="]16 oz. Pork Boston butt cut into 1" cubes[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT="]~16 oz (4 med.-lg. goose breasts) cut into 1" cubes[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT="]2 teaspoons of salt[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT="]1 teaspoon dried parsley[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT="]1/2 ~ 1 1/2 teaspoons of rubbed sage (as much as you like. I used ~ 1 1/4 tsps.)[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT="]1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT="]1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (or more, I did add just a touch more)[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT="]1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT="]1/2 teaspoon ground coriander[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT="]1/2 teaspoon msg (such as Accent flavor enhancer)[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT="]1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (taste test first-the flakes I had were a little weak, so I added additional ground red pepper)[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT="]3 TBSPS Maple syrup[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#333333][FONT="]3 TBSPS Rendered Bacon fat[/FONT][/COLOR] [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
Recipes
Goose Breakfast Sausage
Top
Bottom