Goose Breakfast Sausage

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Rounded up the rest of the goose we had in the freezer last night and made some sausage. Ended up with 15lbs of breakfast sausage and 9 lbs of regular stuff (just left out the maple syrup). My first attempt at making anything other than venison burger with the grinder. I made a small batch at first just to taste test and my wife said the breakfast version tasted very similar to the Jimmy Dean hot sausage with a little sweetness to it. I followed the following recipe, but left out the rendered bacon fat and the MSG and only used about 3/4tsp Sage per lb. I tried twice at Cash Wise in Stanley to get some fat trimmings, but they didn't have any both time. So I ended up with 30$ worth of pork butt and shoulder. Worked out pretty good, this stuff is awesome! Just have to vacuum seal some 1/2 and 1lb packages tonight.

Found the recipe on a different forum with a simple google search....the notes are the original authors.

[FONT=&quot]Goose Breakfast Sausage[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]16 oz. Pork Boston butt cut into 1" cubes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]~16 oz (4 med.-lg. goose breasts) cut into 1" cubes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 teaspoons of salt[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 teaspoon dried parsley[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/2 ~ 1 1/2 teaspoons of rubbed sage (as much as you like. I used ~ 1 1/4 tsps.)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (or more, I did add just a touch more)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/2 teaspoon ground coriander[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/2 teaspoon msg (such as Accent flavor enhancer)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (taste test first-the flakes I had were a little weak, so I added additional ground red pepper)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 TBSPS Maple syrup[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 TBSPS Rendered Bacon fat[/FONT]

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bitch bitch bitch You don't like it. Go down to sams and buy some beef.

- - - Updated - - -

;)

Take another puff man, your sounding bitchy.

I would rather kick one of Lycan's back yard beehives than eat a filthy French wiener

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
IMG_0665.jpg
24lbs in the freezer! Going to be mighty tasty on the canadian fishing trip next week!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84