gps question

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was reading a past link about the garmin 64 handheld gps. There seems to be different models. Which one or... do you recommend a different one? All I want is one that is cheap, reliable, one that takes my chip from my from hummingbird graph to show locations for ice fishing, and i want it to show my path. Like when I am fishing in boat..it tracks my path. I want one that will do so when I am walking in woods etc.
I want it to be very simple to use as I am ok with technology but really have low patience with it.

muzzyhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the base model 64, the 64s and 64st offer a few more features, an option to view satelite imagery, and the ability to wirelessly transfer data to compatible devices, being the two biggest.
These were features I was not interested in but handy for others.
The 64 is very reliable unit, locks on fast and stays locked on and can hold more waypoints/routes than I will use, great battery life, and keypad vs touchscreen in my opinion, the better option.
I believe biggest difference between 64s and 64st is memory 4g vs 8 g.
You mentioned swapping card from hummingbird, as far I know cards are not compatible

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
Garmin Oregon is really easy to use. You bird map card won't work in anything, but a bid gps. I'd just get an ND Trax chip for the garmin.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 3
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1
Top Bottom