Great way to start the day

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was glassing for turkeys this morning. Flock of about 20 roosted in group of 6-8 trees that are off a ways from the rest of the tress.One of those trees has an Eagle nest in it and I’m positive with babies. Both adults come and go from the nest regularly. Anyhow, at one point one of the eagles leaves the nest and lands on the same branch as a turkey. Both sat there for 5 minutes or so calm as hell before all the turkeys hit the ground. Coolway to drink some morning coffee.

Attachments

kitties.jpg

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
A guy doesn't get to observe nesting eagles all that often in ND. Definitely a great way to start the day!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
that's not a great way to start the day. That sounds like a friggen awesome way to start the day! I watered a bare patch in my lawn while drinking coffee. I didn't think that was too bad.

Attachments

malikye.jpg

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope, far enough away that the cell phone wouldn't have done squat, but to be honest, didn't even cross my mind at the time. Was pretty happy to be just watch in the binos and take it all in.

The Mantis

Founding Member
Founding Member
My day started with 6" of wet snow on my lawn.... So I'd say you did pretty well ;)

Attachments

2018 RIFLE.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live in town, and a house up the street had 4 turkeys on the roof of it last night.
Was a cool way to end the day, the boy was pretty excited about it.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live in town, and a house up the street had 4 turkeys on the roof of it last night.
Was a cool way to end the day, the boy was pretty excited about it.

Wasn't turkey vultures was it? We've got a group of 40 or so that come and go through town, they make a hell of a mess.
I saw two mature and three juvenile bald eagles on the James River ice S.W. of Oakes early this spring. In the middle of the group was a gull. Seemed like a risky place for a gull if the fishing sucked or an eagle developed an attitude. Who knows, maybe he thought he was an eagle.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My day started out, walked out to the deck took a deep breath of fresh crisp air and thanked God for being able to do that.:;:thumbsup

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Johnr, what do the neighbors think of you sitting on their roof?:;:muahaha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105