Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both grumbling at home with no internet access

Votes: 33 68.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not trying to single you out on this. It is definitely a handful of you that like to go round and round, completely derailing topics at times.

Let's all try to keep the punches above the belt. Debate on these topics is a good thing. Try to do it in a civil way. All of you.

I built NDA to be a community of outdoorsmen. I cringe when it feels like the community aspect of it is starting to crack.

I hope, if people dislike certain peoples views, that they would use the "ignore feature."

Tells us more about how this works!

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep them both! This isn’t a commy liberal site for crying out loud. Geez...

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not trying to single you out on this. It is definitely a handful of you that like to go round and round, completely derailing topics at times.

Let's all try to keep the punches above the belt. Debate on these topics is a good thing. Try to do it in a civil way. All of you.

I built NDA to be a community of outdoorsmen. I cringe when it feels like the community aspect of it is starting to crack.

I hope, if people dislike certain peoples views, that they would use the "ignore feature."

Indeed it is better when we can take an issue and discuss it to find solutions rather than nit pick stupid shit. The Pierce county thread is a perfect example. of something that people could get behind to find a solution to what is a problem that is not going to go away.

The ignore feature is a great option.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
My take, if you wanna a pissing match on a particular thread with a particular person, PM the person, blow up your inbox instead of dragging the thread out to 600+ posts.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Being retire I sometimes have the t8me to read both GST and Plainsman’s internet arguing. I sometimes DO learn things about modern agriculture from GST’s posts. Sometimes interesting from an ex farm boys point of view. The city pastes are too long, too biased, often spun and whatever truth they contain are taken out of context, stretched. However, everybody does that these days so I rarely believe anything I read on the internet or hear from talking heads on ANY network or any talk shows.
Off topic, sorry. NO, NO, NO. - I can’t believe there should be a vote on curtailing free speech even if most of that free speech we are talking about is crap throwing. Tune it out and ignore it, IMHO!

my only serious hang up with my friend GST is that if someone expresses an opinion even slightly different from his, he’ll hound you and badger you, internet stalking almost, until the person badgered leaves the website! I’ve seen several good people leave various websites over the years, never to return, because of these shenanigans! Knock THA5 part of your agenda off, GST and you’d be fine! I was really reluctant to join this website for this very reasin. The accused was kicked off all other websites, and for a couple years I had to ask myself “Do I really want this stalking, badgering, name calling and blizzard of inane questions??? Now it’s starting again , unfortunately......

probably le not worth it, even though there are lots of good people here! I’m out of here..

bobkat you have made posts on here and spoke to topics that are great and I never even comment on them. But when you come on a site and lecture people on how they need to be (tolerance and compromise) you should probably not whine when people give you examples of things and ask if we should tolerate or compromise on that particular deal.

I think it is great you offered up a post hole digger to someone looking for one.

Give us a good reason we should tolerate or compromise with these liberals calling for gun confiscation. I don;t think that is an "inane" question on a hunting website.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I agree, gst, that more could come from these conversations. The problem is, you only consider it progress if everyone agrees with your point of view. If they do not agree, you seem to hammer home the same exact points over and over and over and over and over and over and over. See what I did there?

I’m all for passion, when it comes to our great outdoors, and at times I envy yours. I also, at times, cringe at your lack of tact in these situations.

I once was told that the biggest mistake we make in life is failing to realize that everyone sees the world differently from our own perspective. Food for thought.

image.jpg

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member

Not really any more than the following is for some.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Vollmer

- - - Updated - - -

I agree whole heartedly with that last sentence.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
What a stupid poll! Talk about fanning the flames. Like Vollmer said, it seems to be just a handful of people that like to argue non-stop. How are you any different, Stan's Dad, by making such a poll?

I've been a member here since the beginning and several years at FishingBuddy. I've never understood all the arguments some have with certain people on this site, because when topics start to get personal or derailed I just stop reading them. Pretty simple.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What a stupid poll! Talk about fanning the flames. Like Vollmer said, it seems to be just a handful of people that like to argue non-stop. How are you any different, Stan's Dad, by making such a poll?

I've been a member here since the beginning and several years at FishingBuddy. I've never understood all the arguments some have with certain people on this site, because when topics start to get personal or derailed I just stop reading them. Pretty simple.

its posted in the funnies and has a winky face. all in good fun

- - - Updated - - -

winky face by gst standards equals - only joshing around. does no one read the damn op?

wstnodak

Founding Member
Founding Member
Soooo a thread bitching about a farmer breaking the law would have died in 2 days..........and what exactly would have been accomplished?

Bitching on the internet.

Finding a solution to keep things like that from happening again might be worth a discussion on a hunting site.

But then some people just like the bitching instead I guess.

Soooooooooooooo what exactly did get accomplished by you coming there nickpicking and bitching? See that's the point gabe. You think you are really accomplishing something by posting thousands of times but you are not accomplishing ANTHING yet you can not figure that out! If you would have left it alone, the thread would have been gone but you have to lurk around and kick ant piles.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since this is about from people from nd am I allowed to comment? I kinda feel like Ricky Bobby I don't know what to do with my hands.......

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member

#MeToo

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93