• Both grumbling at home with no internet access

Votes: 33 68.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
And why exactly did that happen gabe? Without you entering the mix that thread dies in 2 days.

Soooo a thread bitching about a farmer breaking the law would have died in 2 days..........and what exactly would have been accomplished?

Bitching on the internet.

Finding a solution to keep things like that from happening again might be worth a discussion on a hunting site.

But then some people just like the bitching instead I guess.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No reason for me to want them gone. Post get long so do not read then and the fight is constant with little really said but i am fine with all. Just look at other post when it drags on and i do find a time or two to add now and then. db-2

Just hope this does not lead to the same road as fishing buddies did. Do enjoy the site to much to let it get this deep into the unknown with banning by the audience. Do not let yourself go down the same road as others may on here. db

Last edited:

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i get the stamina thing - my wife dreams about it... but it's kinda like ambulance chasing... after driving through 5 states and stopping for gas 11 times, you just wanna see the wreck... there is never an end because no one will ever concede anything...

fwiw, i've never learned or been convinced of anything on any thread that's gone past 50 posts... that's where i check out...

- - - Updated - - -

30 years ago b4 this interweb thing you would see a throw down or some such by this point...

miss those days...

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
.........and what exactly would have been accomplished?

If you cannot accomplish your point within a handful of posts, you’re likely just not going to get it accomplished. In fact, the never ending arguing, in my opinion, only lessens your credibility.

My 2 cents.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know either but GST' s mind games he trys too people really piss me off!He's are narrsisist if there ever was one.he CANT be debated as his constant know it all,link posting shit rubs every one but FtC the wrong way!World class dink but " illusion of granduer" runs strong!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
i get the stamina thing - my wife dreams about it... but it's kinda like ambulance chasing... after driving through 5 states and stopping for gas 11 times, you just wanna see the wreck... there is never an end because no one will ever concede anything...

fwiw, i've never learned or been convinced of anything on any thread that's gone past 50 posts... that's where i check out...

- - - Updated - - -

30 years ago b4 this interweb thing you would see a throw down or some such by this point...

miss those days...
I miss me a good ass whoopin throw down bar room fight

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
If you cannot accomplish your point within a handful of posts, you’re likely just not going to get it accomplished. In fact, the never ending arguing, in my opinion, only lessens your credibility.

My 2 cents.

Just out of curiousity what does attacking people personally with accusations and claims that are not true get somebody on here?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know either but GST' s mind games he trys too people really piss me off!He's are narrsisist if there ever was one.he CANT be debated as his constant know it all,link posting shit rubs every one but FtC the wrong way!World class dink but " illusion of granduer" runs strong!

Mind games???

Know it all?

Link posting shit?

Some people simply call it fact and truth.

- - - Updated - - -

I miss me a good ass whoopin throw down bar room fight

I try not to get into fisticuffs with fellas in their 70's

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Annnnnnnnnd here we Go!
I actually don't mind reading all the posts by gst or anyone. That thread about the Pierce county farmer was somewhat informative. Entertaining if anything.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Just out of curiousity what does attacking people personally with accusations and claims that are not true get somebody on here?

Nothing. Accusations and claims are not exactly personal attacks.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
When did the crybaby liberal bowl spill out on here?? If you don’t like it don’t read it!! We all have certain things that we feel strongly about and everyone has an opinion. I read every thread on here until I deem it’s not relevant to me or someone says something unintelligent then I move on.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
gst gonna drag this out to 666 posts, mindless by most counts...... Do we want post counts? if so keep the bugger around. reminds me of an ex friend from high school. He was always talking about something but in the scheme of things it was always about HIS agenda. If you did not agree it was bad bad bad for you.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing. Accusations and claims are not exactly personal attacks.

Accusations of greed, Accusations towards ones family and claims of mental illnesses are exactly what then? Back in the day on FBO when people got a little out of line Tim Sandstrom simply made a point of saying ease up a bit. Didn't take much and people got the point

I'm a big boy and can handle the childish name calling just fine ( I think it generally provides a measure of a person) but I am curious as to what is tolerated on here. These and the petty bad rep comments to the point of having law enforcement buddies digging into ones personal past are kind of just petty and childish and bother me far less than the fact they most often distract from what could be productive conversations.

When one logs in there are 17 different choices of threads one can click on. I rarely am involved in more than one maybe two some times none. . I try to be polite courteous and simply post fact about the topic being discussed until others drive the conversation towards what these threads end up being.

Somebody posted about settling it behind the football field or some sort in years past........in years past people didn't hide behind made up names making it easy to shoot their mouth off while hiding from their own words. Times have changed, now people won;t even sign their vulgarity laced bad rep rants.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
When did the crybaby liberal bowl spill out on here?? If you don’t like it don’t read it!! We all have certain things that we feel strongly about and everyone has an opinion. I read every thread on here until I deem it’s not relevant to me or someone says something unintelligent then I move on.
I think that's what gets to me. I would be willing to put money on Spungbob Square Pants isn't your favorite show. :;:thumbsup. Hey GST if your reading this I have more respect for your disagreement than liberal crying. Should we chip in for a safe room with cartoons for the whinners?

Here is some good listening for you. https://longreads.com/Bundyville/

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Polite and courteous?! I know you’re a rancher but that one smells especially of bullshit.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I agree, gst, that more could come from these conversations. The problem is, you only consider it progress if everyone agrees with your point of view. If they do not agree, you seem to hammer home the same exact points over and over and over and over and over and over and over. See what I did there?

I’m all for passion, when it comes to our great outdoors, and at times I envy yours. I also, at times, cringe at your lack of tact in these situations.

I once was told that the biggest mistake we make in life is failing to realize that everyone sees the world differently from our own perspective. Food for thought.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just curious who would be happier on this site if these two dodo brains that do more to divide sportsman and landowners on any given day than any of us could do in a lifetime, were not a part of this website.

This isnt a plea to get anyone booted. Its a mostly free country still.

;)
(winky face to deter butt hurtedness, because lest we forget, the winky face indicates joking. Namaste)

Fixed your piss poor grammar/spelling!!!

rapala_09

Honored Member
Accusations of greed, Accusations towards ones family and claims of mental illnesses are exactly what then? Back in the day on FBO when people got a little out of line Tim Sandstrom simply made a point of saying ease up a bit. Didn't take much and people got the point

I'm a big boy and can handle the childish name calling just fine ( I think it generally provides a measure of a person) but I am curious as to what is tolerated on here. These and the petty bad rep comments to the point of having law enforcement buddies digging into ones personal past are kind of just petty and childish and bother me far less than the fact they most often distract from what could be productive conversations.

When one logs in there are 17 different choices of threads one can click on. I rarely am involved in more than one maybe two some times none. . I try to be polite courteous and simply post fact about the topic being discussed until others drive the conversation towards what these threads end up being.

Somebody posted about settling it behind the football field or some sort in years past........in years past people didn't hide behind made up names making it easy to shoot their mouth off while hiding from their own words. Times have changed, now people won;t even sign their vulgarity laced bad rep rants.

Too Long, Didn't read.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree, gst, that more could come from these conversations. The problem is, you only consider it progress if everyone agrees with your point of view. If they do not agree, you seem to hammer home the same exact points over and over and over and over and over and over and over. See what I did there?

I’m all for passion, when it comes to our great outdoors, and at times I envy yours. I also, at times, cringe at your lack of tact in these situations.

I once was told that the biggest mistake we make in life is failing to realize that everyone sees the world differently from our own perspective. Food for thought.

I don;t have a lot of "tact" when people change the discussion from the issue to those discussing it instead. The problem in these threads is when people don't agree they often turn it on the person they don;t agree with. It is a symptom of the times and society in general....you don;t like the message if you can't debate the facts, attack the messenger. So ya I don;t have much tact when it comes to that happening and that usually results in the thread heading down the rabbit hole becasue people don;t like it pointed out when what they post is not fact or even true sometimes.

Nodak Outdoors ended up having a pack/clique of people on it that would attack those personally that did not agree with their point of view even if all they were doing is posting simple truth. They would attack anyone that posted anything different than what they decreed. They began banning people and people quit posting . The site all but died.

FBO had a great moderator that pumped the brakes a bit when people started down that path and the site thrived and grew because people were not afraid to speak what they thought. He quit and a new moderator allowed a clique/pack of people to begin to dictate what they thought the site should be and soon people they disagreed with were banned and others quit posting and the site is all but dead.

there are a lot of people on here that see the world differently than I do that I have never had a disagreement with or even responded to their comments in threads. But then they don;t post stupid shit that simply isn;t fact about how I make my living.

I try to speak the truth best I can and simply share facts on threads most often related to agriculture in some way. Sadly when that truth and fact are not what people want to hear or beleive a small handful turn to the person rather than discussing the issue. And then what little tact I may have disappears.

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
Being retire I sometimes have the t8me to read both GST and Plainsman’s internet arguing. I sometimes DO learn things about modern agriculture from GST’s posts. Sometimes interesting from an ex farm boys point of view. The city pastes are too long, too biased, often spun and whatever truth they contain are taken out of context, stretched. However, everybody does that these days so I rarely believe anything I read on the internet or hear from talking heads on ANY network or any talk shows.
Off topic, sorry. NO, NO, NO. - I can’t believe there should be a vote on curtailing free speech even if most of that free speech we are talking about is crap throwing. Tune it out and ignore it, IMHO!

my only serious hang up with my friend GST is that if someone expresses an opinion even slightly different from his, he’ll hound you and badger you, internet stalking almost, until the person badgered leaves the website! I’ve seen several good people leave various websites over the years, never to return, because of these shenanigans! Knock THA5 part of your agenda off, GST and you’d be fine! I was really reluctant to join this website for this very reasin. The accused was kicked off all other websites, and for a couple years I had to ask myself “Do I really want this stalking, badgering, name calling and blizzard of inane questions??? Now it’s starting again , unfortunately......

probably le not worth it, even though there are lots of good people here! I’m out of here..

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I try to speak the truth best I can and simply share facts on threads most often related to agriculture in some way. Sadly when that truth and fact are not what people want to hear or beleive a small handful turn to the person rather than discussing the issue. And then what little tact I may have disappears.

I am not trying to single you out on this. It is definitely a handful of you that like to go round and round, completely derailing topics at times.

Let's all try to keep the punches above the belt. Debate on these topics is a good thing. Try to do it in a civil way. All of you.

I built NDA to be a community of outdoorsmen. I cringe when it feels like the community aspect of it is starting to crack.

I hope, if people dislike certain peoples views, that they would use the "ignore feature."

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88