guywhotrolls?

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was thinking High winds and bouncing out of water on Sak.
I also forgot I am dealing with Science. Carry-on

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Here I thought this thread would be about how the RRV is a wildlife wasteland because of tiling and draining and tree row removal which is flooding a town with politics much like it's eastern neighbors built in the bottom of a flood plain.............;)

Anyway what ever happened to Zebco 101s and a 16 foot Lund.............walking thru the KX sport show scratched my head at the price tag on some of the boats.

Fishermen must be worse than turkey hunters when it comes to buying gadgets.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 2 bags underneath are supposed to work well. I remember seeing a write up on it by Johnnie Candle.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was thinking High winds and bouncing out of water on Sak.
I also forgot I am dealing with Science. Carry-on

great lakes guys claim that twin bags under the boat reduces bouncing in waves because the bags are "tacked down" in deeper/calmer water - some discussion about concerns of waves topping the front in high seas but nobody reports having it happen :;:huh

also - it supposedly provides a "still water pivot point" vs. the moving surface waters (from waves) that surface bags can suffer effects from

neither of these additions was all that much money and I just thought it might provide some motivation for people to think "out of the box" when it comes to the way we do things now

my "real job" involves thinking up new/improved approaches so it comes natural for me

the rear livewell is a cooler now - I lined it with foam insulation a couple years ago

- - - Updated - - -

Wondering if it will be too large?

Thumbs Up that's also why I made it "keyed" and easily removable with a single pin holding it in very securely - I can try other sizes easily.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
This makes sense. You may have a stowaway or two when you pull the bags from beneath the boat. Leave room in the livewell for ONE MORE FISH, before you call it a day.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy crap guy, that is some neat stuff you got going on there.

will you ever drag your shenanigans west and take me out on some Sakakawea action with the rig? Cause I am not likely to head east when I have the golden goose right up 50 miles from my house.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy crap guy, that is some neat stuff you got going on there.

will you ever drag your shenanigans west and take me out on some Sakakawea action with the rig? Cause I am not likely to head east when I have the golden goose right up 50 miles from my house.

ha ha ha - my tiller is not exactly Lake Sakakawea material - but maybe the protected bays of McKenzie etc. would work? Where is your spot up there? We have a place in the Killdeer Mountains - we could spend nights there and drag the boat over and spend some beer time during the day in your gorgeous end of the lake this summer.

And let me figure out if I can make any of this crap to work first - I might hate it and tear it all off after a few fruitless outings! Ha ha ha.

- - - Updated - - -

Early on I suppose I will forget I have them deployed, try to get on plane, blow out my bags, and wrap it all up in the prop. I'd prefer to do that with nobody along.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha ha - my tiller is not exactly Lake Sakakawea material - but maybe the protected bays of McKenzie etc. would work? Where is your spot up there? We have a place in the Killdeer Mountains - we could spend nights there and drag the boat over and spend some beer time during the day in your gorgeous end of the lake this summer.

And let me figure out if I can make any of this crap to work first - I might hate it and tear it all off after a few fruitless outings! Ha ha ha.

- - - Updated - - -

Early on I suppose I will forget I have them deployed, try to get on plane, blow out my bags, and wrap it all up in the prop. I'd prefer to do that with nobody along.

This last bit is likely, if it were me. I would video the whole cluster, then have it all tear off, and some cussing would ensue. Then, in the dead of NEXT winter, I'd release the video, for your merriment.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here I thought this thread would be about how the RRV is a wildlife wasteland because of tiling and draining and tree row removal which is flooding a town with politics much like it's eastern neighbors built in the bottom of a flood plain.............;)

Thank you, GST, for continuing to live up to everyone's expectations on trying to turn absolutely any thread -- no matter how innocuous -- into a political pissing match.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

haha.

I am free most of the summer, except for 2 weddings, about 6 traveling softball weekends, and my annual bike trips to Sturgis, and Red lodge...

so it looks like June 16th is the weekend I am available.... haha

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Need video of you wife being keel hauled deploying those drift bags.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Need video of you wife being keel hauled deploying those drift bags.

OK - but from what I understand is you deploy them while "at rest" so there may be very little excitement - since they are rigged to be tight across the keel I am guessing "at rest" is the ONLY way they get deployed!

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
the rear livewell is a cooler now - I lined it with foam insulation a couple years ago

Great idea! I did the same to mine

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you, GST, for continuing to live up to everyone's expectations on trying to turn absolute any thread -- no matter who innocuous -- into a political pissing match.

Thank you Duckslayer 100, for continuing to live up to everyone's expectations and whining about a a bit of humor based on a couple of past threads instead of simply ignoring it or not being able to identify it for what it was and stupidly thinking it was not simply a play on the "troll" part of the thread title.

My apologizes for not meeting your standard of humor, you young fellas that watch Stephen Cobert and Conan O'Brian have a different sense of humor than us old fellas that grew up on Johnny Carson and the sarcasm of George Carlin

Oh and thanks for using the word "innocuous" over a simple comment meant "not to be harmful or offensive"...............

I certainly wish #guywhotrolls well on his fishing adventures .

- - - Updated - - -

Volmer, if there is a standard of degree of humor that can be interjected into a thread as related to the threads title, please post a sticky so we may be informed as to these standards. It might solve a degree of butthurt.

Once again if my sad attempt at humor offended anyone who actually thought it a serious attempt (see emboldened words above) to derail a thread, I apologize. Perhaps I should just stick to commenting on Joel Heitkamps FB page where the easily offended snowflakes are readily identified.....

Last edited:

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you Duckslayer 100, for continuing to live up to everyone's expectations and whining about a a bit of humor based on a couple of past threads instead of simply ignoring it or not being able to identify it for what it was and stupidly thinking it was not simply a play on the "troll" part of the thread title.

My apologizes for not meeting your standard of humor, you young fellas that watch Stephen Cobert and Conan O'Brian have a different sense of humor than us old fellas that grew up on Johnny Carson and the sarcasm of George Carlin

Oh and thanks for using the word "innocuous" over a simple comment meant "not to be harmful or offensive"...............

I certainly wish #guywhotrolls well on his fishing adventures .

- - - Updated - - -

Volmer, if there is a standard of degree of humor that can be interjected into a thread as related to the threads title, please post a sticky so we may be informed as to these standards. It might solve a degree of butthurt.

Once again if my sad attempt at humor offended anyone who actually thought it a serious attempt to derail a thread, I apologize. Perhaps I should just stick to commenting on Joel Heitkamps FB page where the easily offended snowflakes are readily identified.....

Apology accepted.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had a funny man in Korea, a real jokester, up until he had his face shot off, nothing funny about that.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey guys, the thread is about guys trolling future........try not to derail it with talk about funny, sum body is likely to whine.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33