What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Hammered Grey Beard just trying to help.........
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="SLE" data-source="post: 332318" data-attributes="member: 3889"><p>Good Call KDM, I hope to do the same as you are offering some day. For now, with a 12-year old son and 15-year old daughter, I don't have any stuff to hand down, heck most of the time I'm just trying to track down where MY stuff is, lol.</p><p></p><p>Went fishing with my 12-year old son in his boat this fall. We were doing a little casting for pike and musky. I ask him for his box with the cyclopes spoons. I pull one out and say "<em>hey, this is my lure</em>"! He responds back and goes on to tell me that I have no idea what I'm talking about and how <em><strong>HE</strong></em> paid $10 for that lure and ordered it online (which he does regularly). I look at him and his grandpa and said, <em>"huh it's interesting that that barbs are pinched shut and there's only one person in this boat that's been to Canada</em>"! I didn't give a shit and love that he's all in when it comes to fishing but just wanted to make sure he still knows his ol man still payin attention, lol.</p><p></p><p>Anyway, great thread. If us old guys don't help youth follow a path into the outdoors, the opportunity will disappear for all. That erosion has already begin and it's sad to say the least.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="SLE, post: 332318, member: 3889"] Good Call KDM, I hope to do the same as you are offering some day. For now, with a 12-year old son and 15-year old daughter, I don't have any stuff to hand down, heck most of the time I'm just trying to track down where MY stuff is, lol. Went fishing with my 12-year old son in his boat this fall. We were doing a little casting for pike and musky. I ask him for his box with the cyclopes spoons. I pull one out and say "[I]hey, this is my lure[/I]"! He responds back and goes on to tell me that I have no idea what I'm talking about and how [I][B]HE[/B][/I] paid $10 for that lure and ordered it online (which he does regularly). I look at him and his grandpa and said, [I]"huh it's interesting that that barbs are pinched shut and there's only one person in this boat that's been to Canada[/I]"! I didn't give a shit and love that he's all in when it comes to fishing but just wanted to make sure he still knows his ol man still payin attention, lol. Anyway, great thread. If us old guys don't help youth follow a path into the outdoors, the opportunity will disappear for all. That erosion has already begin and it's sad to say the least. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Hammered Grey Beard just trying to help.........
Top
Bottom