Harvest is STILL here guys...

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to hazard a guess that there are width restrictions on gravel roads without an over-width permit.

Can't we all just agree that if the law is followed by all, nobody would have a reason to bitch?
farmers are exempt, just like they are exempt from CDL within a certain distance from home

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were dove hunting this year and were hunting some Plots.

Erosion had destroyed the main section line trail and the farmers had created a nice smooth alternative track in the wheat stubble. We pulled over off the nice new track and parked in the nasty rutted original trail.

Sure enough - an asshole comes along (looked like a farm truck but who knows), stops, then asks whose truck is parked "in the middle of the road". I said it was me and I'd move it. So I did. Parked it centered on the nice even track - forcing whoever comes next to use the rutted POS track.

I've heard more than one farmer remark that their fellow farmers aren't happy unless they're bitching. I suppose that's true for some of them - just like the human race in general.

We laughed about that a$$hole for days afterward. What an absolute dink.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not driving a combine, I'm in a tractor with a grain cart and I still can't get by.. The producer I work for does put the header on a trailer. Now what?
Screenshot_20231013-095321_Chrome.jpg

It's was National Farmers day yesterday.

Where does the producer come in? I have never seen producer day.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's crazy out here, but sugar beet harvest around St. Thomas is nearing completion. We're running out of space to pile beets. We'll finish during this shift, unless we can lift all the beets.
PXL_20231013_235406765.jpg
If they are out of space to pile them, I've got a few deer blinds they can dump a load of beets at each one.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's crazy out here, but sugar beet harvest around St. Thomas is nearing completion. We're running out of space to pile beets. We'll finish during this shift, unless we can lift all the beets.

Must of been a good beet crop this year ? Now all we need is some cold temps to freeze them.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were dove hunting this year and were hunting some Plots.

Erosion had destroyed the main section line trail and the farmers had created a nice smooth alternative track in the wheat stubble. We pulled over off the nice new track and parked in the nasty rutted original trail.

Sure enough - an asshole comes along (looked like a farm truck but who knows), stops, then asks whose truck is parked "in the middle of the road". I said it was me and I'd move it. So I did. Parked it centered on the nice even track - forcing whoever comes next to use the rutted POS track.

I've heard more than one farmer remark that their fellow farmers aren't happy unless they're bitching. I suppose that's true for some of them - just like the human race in general.

We laughed about that a$$hole for days afterward. What an absolute dink.
Sometimes I think we're related. That was perfect.

I once responded to a suspicious package. On scene it was obvious a CLEAR trash bag full of aluminium cans had blown out of an overfilled dumpster. I got out into the sideways snow, replaced it and squashed down the lid.

I relayed my actions to the desk and was told in breathless reply to remain on scene to identify the bag to the entire responding action force of doom (RAFD). I said I'd put the bag back in the original spot and secure it with a traffic cone. To my amazement; to this day: This was approved. I watched the RAFD put the bag in the dumpster and smash down the lid. They were not respectful to my rapid strikeforce orange cone (RSOC). I solemnly stood it erect then replaced it with honor beside the spike strips in the trunk.

That is all.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93