Harvest is STILL here guys...

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was riding with a friend who was complaining about the stupidity of a hunter trying to get through three feet of snow with soft unfrozen ground underneath. Out of the corner of my eye in the back sear I noticed his son looking at mine and with a big smile pokes his thumb to his chest. Who know who is guilty and who is innocent. I know those big farm trucks today are tough on roads.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes the big equipment nowadays are certainly wrecking the township roads, dishing them out, and wrecking the shoulders. Then bitch about the guys trying to fill that shit in with a grader because the water all sits on top of the road.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was riding with a friend who was complaining about the stupidity of a hunter trying to get through three feet of snow with soft unfrozen ground underneath. Out of the corner of my eye in the back sear I noticed his son looking at mine and with a big smile pokes his thumb to his chest. Who know who is guilty and who is innocent. I know those big farm trucks today are tough on roads.
Not as bad now days with 18 wheels on the road , those old single axle trucks did a lot more damage.

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your in a tractor dude, push em outta the way.
Actually thought about it, but the duals would've gone over the top instead of the front pushing. I had to back a grain cart up about 300 yards. That was the 4th time I've had to back up a grain cart over 300 yards due to dipshit hunters. Keep in mind I'm a hunter, but this is entitled and inconsiderate stupidity at it's finest. That pheasant you saw on the slough edge will still be there if you go down a ways and find an approach.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Actually thought about it, but the duals would've gone over the top instead of the front pushing. I had to back a grain cart up about 300 yards. That was the 4th time I've had to back up a grain cart over 300 yards due to dipshit hunters. Keep in mind I'm a hunter, but this is entitled and inconsiderate stupidity at it's finest. That pheasant you saw on the slough edge will still be there if you go down a ways and find an approach.
It goes both ways, put the damn header on the trailer so the guy in his truck doesn't have to turn around and drive half mile back to the mile line. Put the damn header on a trailer instead of driving halfway down the ditch in front of the yard that's mowed with a rider, rutting the fuck out of it because you couldn't clear the mailbox and guy wires. Scrape the mud off the roads instead of disappearing and letting someone else take care of it. I'm not agreeing with someone blocking roads and approaches, just saying again, respect goes both ways

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
It goes both ways, put the damn header on the trailer so the guy in his truck doesn't have to turn around and drive half mile back to the mile line. Put the damn header on a trailer instead of driving halfway down the ditch in front of the yard that's mowed with a rider, rutting the fuck out of it because you couldn't clear the mailbox and guy wires. Scrape the mud off the roads instead of disappearing and letting someone else take care of it. I'm not agreeing with someone blocking roads and approaches, just saying again, respect goes both ways
Not driving a combine, I'm in a tractor with a grain cart and I still can't get by.. The producer I work for does put the header on a trailer. Now what?

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
And I'm not the one that parked on the road and made you back up. I'm sure the guy you help is as close to perfect as possible.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let's be frank. Aren't we all about sick of farmers? Let's leave it up to the more efficient Chinese.

1697162809790.png

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I wish it was easier to contact land owners to get permission to hunt and a place to park that is out of their way. I would rather just go fishing than be the asshole parked in the middle of the road or in the approach a landowner needs to use.

I hope we can figure this out in ND before it becomes another pay to play state.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Unless someone else sees them too . . .

I remember years ago, I went by a deserted homestead (house was gone) and there were numerous roosters in the yard. I pulled further down the road about a hundred yards so as to not scare the birds. In that time someone else drove by, saw the birds too and then pulled in and parked right in the driveway to the property. LOL Oh well ...

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to hazard a guess that there are width restrictions on gravel roads without an over-width permit.

Can't we all just agree that if the law is followed by all, nobody would have a reason to bitch?

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to hazard a guess that there are width restrictions on gravel roads without an over-width permit.

Can't we all just agree that if the law is followed by all, nobody would have a reason to bitch?
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Stay in the city, city boy.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

If you were doing construction or any thing else but most of the agg industry dont have to follow same restrictions

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, that's true ag doesn't have to follow the same laws as everyone else.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Common courtesy and common sense goes a long way. What's the matter with you f****** guys.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm on the fence with this subject because unfortunately it's the assholes on both sides of the subject that make it bad for the rest of us who have been blessed with some common sense and respect to one's who have the same. Nothing is as bad as it was in the past, especially the beet and potato harvest since these to times seemed to be impacted by mother nature in the form of precipitation. Pavement would be covered in slick mud that could cuase one to lose control if you were impaired by mud on the windshield or unaware the pavement was like driving on bare ice. I believe that there was I bad accident in Minnesota by Crookston area during beet harvest at night when i woman was on her way home from work in Crookston and had to drive on a road that was next to a beet piles. She ended up hitting a loaded beet truck head on when her vehicles windshield was too dirty to see thru, but the worst part is the beet truck was driving with one head light out and the other was caked with bud and was so dim you couldn't see it. She ended up dying from her injuries, but it made an example that the farmers needed to maintain a clean road especially during times of rainy periods. It's unfortunate that humans can only get the big picture after a terrible event that changes people's lives forever. Common sense though lacking for some people and no excuse for those for whatever reason have it still refuse to use it because they are pissed off because the otherside is an asshole.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88