Harvest is STILL here guys...

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just another not so friendly reminder to the many hunters out there chasing various game..........GET THE HELL OFF THE ROAD when you park your trucks. This pull over on the shoulder and leave a car width of gravel is flat out BS. I'm not even a farmer and I'm tired of the inconsideration. Find an approach and THEN go hunt.

Signed,

A grain cart operator that's tired of backing up.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is a real intelligent statement, you sir are a class act.

I think this is a good case of frustration boiling over. We outdoorsy types are constantly reminding ourselves how to be more friendly and accommodating to our ag friends.

If, let's say, one were to go to any farmer group's website (Farmer's Union, Farm Bureau, Stockmen's Associations, etc), to view ag producer's recommendations to each other on how to be more accommodating to their local hunters, how much time do you think the average person would waste before giving up?

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to add be aware of guys moving livestock as well. Consider where you are parking or stopping for a break as that might be where they need to get through with trailers or if you see them herding in the pasture just give them a little space to do their thing then you can take your turn.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember parking in a ditch in wet weather years back, and having my ass chewed because the ruts I left in that guys road...

sometimes you can just please no one. I am that guy

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your in a tractor dude, push em outta the way.
Haha, I was riding with the neighbor for the odd load before switching to calves. The people were nice about moving but just not very much common sense when it came to how much space certain rigs take. That corner is a bear to make anyways and you need to be smart how you plan your turn for that bridge on both sides, I know this first hand after many successful turns over the years.
Sometimes its just a dammed if you do this or dammed if you do that. One guy "hey that is pretty good of them" next guy "what are those idiots thinking"

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember parking in a ditch in wet weather years back, and having my ass chewed because the ruts I left in that guys road...

sometimes you can just please no one. I am that guy
Best thing to do is to stay completely away from any field until the farmers are done harvesting and have moved back to Arizona for the winter. My hunting season hasn’t even begun yet because I’m so considerate.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84