What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Hearing safety--Something to think about
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mort" data-source="post: 333380" data-attributes="member: 361"><p>This is a topic nobody talks about and I think its should be brought up, most people don't take it seriously enough.</p><p></p><p>We all get excited to be in the field shooting at what ever, but one never thinks about hearing protection.</p><p>I'm speaking of experience myself. Not going to shy away to let you all know I'm hard of hearing, so I wear hearing aids. Well about 2 weekends ago, I shot about 6 rounds total that day out of my 12 ga and I was trying to get in the habit of turning my aids down when I get out of truck to shoot, came up on some roosters and had to act quickly getting out of the truck after seeing a rooster go into a brush pile, walked alittle bit, and flushed more than one, emptied my gun, got 1, going back to the truck realized my right ear now ringing....shit not what I wanted. So, since then I haven't been out, but the ringing in the right ear is there and now its at the point, if I hear something really loud, it will make me lose my equilibrium alittle bit and thats not good. I did this before in the past and it healed, but it takes time, now I'm on that road again. So going forward, I'll have to wear my hearing muffs\turn the aids off when I shoot in the next outing.</p><p></p><p>Nice thing about todays hearing aids, they are all controlled through the Iphone/cell phone with an app.</p><p></p><p>Sometimes it makes me feel like I can't hear out of the right side, but I can, weird and don't like it.</p><p>I use my hearing muffs sighting in my rifle but never when I'm out shooting in the field, I will be going forward. I hope I can share with you my experience and hopefully educated someone, as this is not a fun experience I'm having right now and I'm hoping it'll pass in a couple of months I just have to now be careful of the noise around me, keep setting it off is the hard part.</p><p></p><p>Something to think about. Wearing hearing aids is not fun, but have had them all my life, I was born partially deaf due to mother having the measles, I don't like talking about this. Because when people find out about my deafness I feel they seemed not to want to be around me, I dunno, maybe thats just me.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mort, post: 333380, member: 361"] This is a topic nobody talks about and I think its should be brought up, most people don't take it seriously enough. We all get excited to be in the field shooting at what ever, but one never thinks about hearing protection. I'm speaking of experience myself. Not going to shy away to let you all know I'm hard of hearing, so I wear hearing aids. Well about 2 weekends ago, I shot about 6 rounds total that day out of my 12 ga and I was trying to get in the habit of turning my aids down when I get out of truck to shoot, came up on some roosters and had to act quickly getting out of the truck after seeing a rooster go into a brush pile, walked alittle bit, and flushed more than one, emptied my gun, got 1, going back to the truck realized my right ear now ringing....shit not what I wanted. So, since then I haven't been out, but the ringing in the right ear is there and now its at the point, if I hear something really loud, it will make me lose my equilibrium alittle bit and thats not good. I did this before in the past and it healed, but it takes time, now I'm on that road again. So going forward, I'll have to wear my hearing muffs\turn the aids off when I shoot in the next outing. Nice thing about todays hearing aids, they are all controlled through the Iphone/cell phone with an app. Sometimes it makes me feel like I can't hear out of the right side, but I can, weird and don't like it. I use my hearing muffs sighting in my rifle but never when I'm out shooting in the field, I will be going forward. I hope I can share with you my experience and hopefully educated someone, as this is not a fun experience I'm having right now and I'm hoping it'll pass in a couple of months I just have to now be careful of the noise around me, keep setting it off is the hard part. Something to think about. Wearing hearing aids is not fun, but have had them all my life, I was born partially deaf due to mother having the measles, I don't like talking about this. Because when people find out about my deafness I feel they seemed not to want to be around me, I dunno, maybe thats just me. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Hearing safety--Something to think about
Top
Bottom