What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Hearing safety--Something to think about
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="NDbowman" data-source="post: 333395" data-attributes="member: 1525"><p>Like everyone else on here, I too suffer from hearing loss and ringing of the ears. I worked around loud equipment and tractors, shot lots of guns, hunted with a crazy unsafe bunch when i was a teenager, many times someone would touch of a round to close to your ear, or one goofy bastard fired a 243 over me and another guys head to scare us, he was on a porch and we were sitting below it, also blew up a 12 guage barrel. All that was without hearing protection. I got tested when I was 19 and was told my left ear was a candidate for a hearing aid. I wore ear plugs pretty much ever since while shooting, hunting, or around equipment. I don't think my hearing has gotten much worse but I really wish I'd wore hearing protection sooner and try to give people ear plugs when ever they come to target shoot if they don't have any. </p><p></p><p>I've wanted to try a custom set of electronic hearing protection ear plugs but haven't yet, years ago I tried walkers game ear and hated how the wind blowing on them made noise and didn't like the way normal sounds sounded.</p><p></p><p>Now i almost always carry a corded pair of 3M push in plugs. the ones you roll up and sitck in your ear are better but the pushin ones work better for me with dirty hands or if you need to remove them to hear someone.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="NDbowman, post: 333395, member: 1525"] Like everyone else on here, I too suffer from hearing loss and ringing of the ears. I worked around loud equipment and tractors, shot lots of guns, hunted with a crazy unsafe bunch when i was a teenager, many times someone would touch of a round to close to your ear, or one goofy bastard fired a 243 over me and another guys head to scare us, he was on a porch and we were sitting below it, also blew up a 12 guage barrel. All that was without hearing protection. I got tested when I was 19 and was told my left ear was a candidate for a hearing aid. I wore ear plugs pretty much ever since while shooting, hunting, or around equipment. I don't think my hearing has gotten much worse but I really wish I'd wore hearing protection sooner and try to give people ear plugs when ever they come to target shoot if they don't have any. I've wanted to try a custom set of electronic hearing protection ear plugs but haven't yet, years ago I tried walkers game ear and hated how the wind blowing on them made noise and didn't like the way normal sounds sounded. Now i almost always carry a corded pair of 3M push in plugs. the ones you roll up and sitck in your ear are better but the pushin ones work better for me with dirty hands or if you need to remove them to hear someone. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Hearing safety--Something to think about
Top
Bottom