High Water Walleye - Sakakawea

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
On the radio this morning, they said the Core is predicting 1846.8 feet this year.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sak is no different than any other lake on a high water year. Fish will spread out. Some will be where you think they should be, lots of others will be up in the newly flooded cover. If you can figure out a stick bait, shad bait, and jig/swimbait combo and retrieve speed that gets you close to the top of the flooded cover you'll catch fish.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
If this year is half as good as last year I will still be ok. But it should be awesome, I just wonder if there can be too much bait. Last summer everywhere you went the graph was covered with bait.

Agreed, east end to west end. Bait clouds everywhere on graph.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know on Oahe, that at high water levels, some of the bays get so big its like their own body of water. You forget how far back the damn things go at high water. Acres and acres of flooded vegitation, and some deep pockets back in there. And it seems like the backs of these bays never get hit. Like I said, some are huge like their own body of water.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Find the edge of some sunken trees when the weather gets hot with damn near whatever rig you like to use and slam away.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88