Honda pioneer.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really want to pull the trigger on a new Pioneer, but really having issues with the lackluster cab. Have seen pictures and some dealers rigs of all the air leaks. Sure, the holes can be plugged somewhat but shouldn't have to. No comparison to the Polaris. Not sure if you can stay warm, traveling at 25 mph @ -10

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seen pure Honda in Minot had one with a hard cab looked like it sealed up rather well. Would love the 1000 but they are dang near as much as a new truck.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Honda is a nice rig and will be more reliable after 10 years. I have not heard too many complaints about soft or hard cabs being too cold. The pioneer 700 is also the best rig for the money

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seen pure Honda in Minot had one with a hard cab looked like it sealed up rather well. Would love the 1000 but they are dang near as much as a new truck.
:;:exactly
I have been look hard at either a honda pioneer or a yamaha viking, but am having a hard time getting over this fact too that i could buy a good used pickup for the same price danm near. Or my other thought is just upgrade my four wheeler and can get a four wheeler with tracks cheaper than a side by side.....I think I think to much just need to make a decision and pull the trigger:D

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I gave the honda 1000 a really close look recently and that machine is pretty awesome. The long travel suspension and big tires give it alot of ground clearance. I dont think tracks will be necessary unless there is a lot of snow with that machine. Once some used ones start showing up i may buy one.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have to look hard and get kinda nitpicky to find things I don't like about my Pioneer 700.

1. A full size guy may feel kinda cramped in the drivers seat. I know I do on the ingress and egress.

2. The 700 is underpowered when I compared it to other UTV's of similar CC. May just be an illusion, but both the same sized Polaris and Arctic Cat are more snappy and have a higher top-end speed.

3. Probably my biggest complaint about the Pioneer is the locked front and rear differentials. Raises hell on the turf and makes turning a herky jerky operation when on hard surfaces. There should be a turf mode, IMHO. Maybe that's been rectified on the new machines, mine's a 2013 model.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 1000 differentials can be unlocked in turf mode.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes the 1000 has turf, 2 wheel diff lock, 4 wheel and 4 lock.
The pictures I saw off the air leaks was on the pioneer forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Allen, do you have the hard cab on your 700? Any issues if so?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33