How late have you boat fished?

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is the latest date you have fished? I’m not setting any records. I think early November is my latest.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
I normally fish Sak out of the boat up until around the time that Audubon freezes over, then switch over to ice fishing. Early November is probably the latest my boat has been in the water.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Pretty sure I was on the water in just a hoodie the second weekend of November last year.... Beautiful day and I hammered the walleyes.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
About the 8th of November NW Angle neighbor shot a nice deer in the early morning gut and hung it. Checked it in with the tribal biologist. Dumped the boat in and went fishing. Jigging walleyes off a rocky point. The bite was absolutely amazing.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
North Dakota: middle of November boat in lake not river. River i have bank ratted Xmas vaca.

To be real honest I have fished alot of fall. Once the low 40s for highs come outside air temp; its not worth it for me. Wind seems to blow every day and fish bite all year; why fish miserable. I will be fishing in WA in middle of Nov this year. Generally the weather is tamer.wind dont blow as hard plus my brother has heat in his lund. Hope we get a 65 degree day or days.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
During my life, I have fished every month except for February on the Missouri. My goal is to do so before I die.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got to be careful during those cold months. Cold water and going overboard is just as bad as falling the the ice. Make sure you don’t fish alone and have a plan ready if you fall in!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two years ago I was launching into December in Yates.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
One year, about 10 years ago, can't remember for sure, but my brother kept opening up a point by Mobridge with his little 12 ft Jon boat. That little spot right on the point he kept breaking it open until there were guys walking out and ice fishing pretty close to him. I know it was well into December, if not January. I think he may have went once or twice in January, I can't say for sure. I went out with him at least once in December but not sure if I went again in January. I know that year they didn't have the big ice tournament.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
During my life, I have fished every month except for February on the Missouri. My goal is to do so before I die.
January is the last month I need to check the box on. There was a chance to do it a couple years ago but those nice days always have to land on a day I'm working.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
seems like yesterday. but, i am guessing 6 or 7 years ago, i fished on devils in a boat on december 5 or 6 i believe. definitely in december. gorgeous day. could have fished a few times after that. but, would have had to fight some unpleasant elements. also got to duck hunt right up to the end of the season that year without issue. i believe the following spring i iced fished my 6 or 7th on north 6 mile and put the duck boat in the following day at the mauvais coulee.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
MN muskie fishing closes Dec 1. I've fished on Black Friday a couple times, but it's been several years since the weather was nice enough to do this.

DSC01944.JPG

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
The day after Thanksgiving is the latest for me. I have boat fished in every month, except December, though.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
December 16. Used waders to break a hole for the boat to get into. Well worth the effort too.

Thanksgiving is usually the end though.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have fished the Missouri in the Bismarck area every month of the year, just not all months in a given year. I think the latest I've fished in December is around the 14th, and the earliest I've fished in January is also around the 15th (give or take a few days). It's part of the reason I love living in the Bismarck area.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I have fished the Missouri in the Bismarck area every month of the year, just not all months in a given year. I think the latest I've fished in December is around the 14th, and the earliest I've fished in January is also around the 15th (give or take a few days). It's part of the reason I love living in the Bismarck area.
Was it at 2:00am?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79