What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
How Long Before New Dog?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="NPO_Aaron" data-source="post: 389859" data-attributes="member: 214"><p>I lost my girl dog three months ago and it was devastating. She was my best buddy. We have one dog left (10 year old lab), but he is "my wife's". Don't get me wrong, I love that old guy and he is great. When my girl died I told myself I wasn't interested in getting another dog. </p><p></p><p>Over the last couple weeks though, I have been getting the itch to look for another girl pup. I'm not replacing the old one, not at all, but I feel pretty guilty about wanting another one so fast. I've been researching blood trailing and would love to train a dog to do that since we hunt deer so dang much, but my old guy is "retired", so that will be a job for the next one. </p><p></p><p>My wife things I'm moving on too fast, but I'm not looking at it as moving on. Heck, I drove past the farmstead we got her last bird a few days back and I cried like a baby. It's just that there is something missing. The girl dog was "mine" so though everyone was sad, I don't feel like they notice the void as much as I am.</p><p></p><p>I suppose I'm just ranting here, but I'd like to know what you all think, or what experience you've had with getting another puppy after losing a dog.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="NPO_Aaron, post: 389859, member: 214"] I lost my girl dog three months ago and it was devastating. She was my best buddy. We have one dog left (10 year old lab), but he is "my wife's". Don't get me wrong, I love that old guy and he is great. When my girl died I told myself I wasn't interested in getting another dog. Over the last couple weeks though, I have been getting the itch to look for another girl pup. I'm not replacing the old one, not at all, but I feel pretty guilty about wanting another one so fast. I've been researching blood trailing and would love to train a dog to do that since we hunt deer so dang much, but my old guy is "retired", so that will be a job for the next one. My wife things I'm moving on too fast, but I'm not looking at it as moving on. Heck, I drove past the farmstead we got her last bird a few days back and I cried like a baby. It's just that there is something missing. The girl dog was "mine" so though everyone was sad, I don't feel like they notice the void as much as I am. I suppose I'm just ranting here, but I'd like to know what you all think, or what experience you've had with getting another puppy after losing a dog. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Today at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Today at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Today at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Today at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Today at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Yesterday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Sunday at 11:14 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
How Long Before New Dog?
Top
Bottom