Ice castle radio issues

Aucker33

Established Member
Does anyone else have issues with picking up stations on their factory stereo? I can get stations in town but I go 10 miles out I get nothing. I checked the the antenna and everything is hooked up properly.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do those units have an external antenna on the outside of the unit or what type of antenna do they have?

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had bad reception in the boat particularly down south on Oahe only to find out that Lund doesn't instal an external antenna. The port is there on the back of the radio but wasn't attached to anything.

The digital conversion was tough on reception but it shouldn't be that bad. I would check the connection at the antenna too if you haven't already. Warranty item?

Aucker33

Established Member
Waiting on a phone call back from the dealer about the new digital thermostat that doesnt like the cold. I was going to ask them then to see if it was covered.

HammsRMK

Honored Member
I have never had a problem with the radio, but my tv doesn't work very well. Mine is a 2014 model, I have tried 3-4 thing so try and get it to work but nothing on Audubon.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it a Jensen? Most of the ice house manufacturers use the same ones and they are junk. My radio works fine but its a 1-10 chance that a dvd will play.

Aucker33

Established Member
Got the call from the dealer he said the antenna is probably to blame for my issue and I should replace it with a better one than the cheap factory antenna.

FYI if you're buying a new ice castle with the digital thermostat pass on that option. From what I was told they are replacing them with the old style thermostats since the new displays don't like the cold.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a Jensen. Haven't played any DVDs yet to know if it works or not.

- - - Updated - - -

I get roughly 15 channels on Audubon. Which tv antenna do you have?

dirtybirds14

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got the call from the dealer he said the antenna is probably to blame for my issue and I should replace it with a better one than the cheap factory antenna.

FYI if you're buying a new ice castle with the digital thermostat pass on that option. From what I was told they are replacing them with the old style thermostats since the new displays don't like the cold.

It is a Jensen. Haven't played any DVDs yet to know if it works or not.

- - - Updated - - -

I get roughly 15 channels on Audubon. Which tv antenna do you have?

Buy a cheap digital lux thermostat from menards will work in any weather temps, or run the old style they are finicky on the swings compared to a digital. Certain brands you will have to pull off the wall and warm them up before it will kick the heater on
- - - Updated - - -

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My buddy's ice castle radio reception also sucks. Got a little donkey dink antenna that we should change out when it warms up. Usually just plug the phone it if we want good tunes.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The antenna I put in my boat for the radio is also amplified. So far so good. If I don't get to listen to Rush on 550 I get a little grumpy.

HammsRMK

Honored Member
The old style that pops out of a tube with four rods. Like I said its old and what was on the unit when I bought it. My uncle has a brand new ice castle and he could only get one channel. I would guess it was where we were at on the lake.

Hamm's

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also check to see if your radio has a Distant/Local switch. Mine was set to Local and couldn't get a station unless in my driveway. Switched it to Distant, and problem solved.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 151
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88