Ice Fishing Suits

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't stand the thought of having to wear overalls ever again. Oh look, my boot came untied. Well, guess I'll wait to get out of this body prison.

mrs johnr seconds as my boot tie'r

Walleye Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just bought the striker bibs on Monday and have worn them once so far and really like them. Just ordered the coat last night. I'm the same size as you and bought xl. Bibs fit great and we'll see about the coat when it gets here

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
walleye guy... so, you decided on XL bibs and XL coat? climate or hardwater?

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
anyone have experience with those Frabill bibs? seem like a good deal for half the price of the strikers

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get a set of Frabil non insulated bibs and coat and don't look back. cool enough to use all summer long, waterproof, and baggy enough inside to layer up for winter fishing. knees are padded and waterproof. I use them all year round and love them. also won't break the bank.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
well thanks for the input. i pulled the trigger on the climate bibs in brown/camo XL, climate jacket in brown/camo 2XL, had to get the bibs from amazon since gander didn't have my size. but, the jacket ended up being $157 with tax and free shipping from gander with the promo code of $10 off. if you are able to get both in your size from gander, you can use the promo code for $20 off of orders over $200. hopefully they can serve limited double duty while blind hunting ducks in the fall.

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have the Cabelas guidewear late season bibs. These are made to last and have the best water proofing made goretex. They also have good quality thinsolate insulation

tommygun23

Established Member
I have the Striker predator bibs, I am 5' 10" 185 and got the L, they didn't have mediums when I purchased so I was unable to compare sizes, but the Large seems to work just fine for me. You can adjust the bottom cuffs on the striker bibs up to 6 inches which is super nice. Also, as far as waterproof goes, I was kneeling in a pool of water and had no signs of getting wet which I was pretty surprised and happy with. I just ordered the Climate jacket in a Large and am Interested to see how it is. It's the warmest jacket they have so hopefully it wont be too warm. If anyone has a problem with getting to warm while outside, you might want to consider the Predator jacket.

Yesterday the daily deals were $20 off over 100 and $50 off over 250. Day late and a dollar short.

Warmth Scale for Striker Jackets

Predator- 7/10
Hardwater- 9/10
Climate- 10/10

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have any input on the Frabil gear on the field supply website, seems too good to be true?

Last edited:

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wear my snowmobile bibs and jacket. Warm, flexible and waterproof and about half the price.

rapala_09

Honored Member
This will be my second year with Arctic Armor. I would buy it again in a heartbeat! The only drawback could be that they get pretty warm during heavy activity and don't breathe as well as some other fabrics, but that is their strong side - they don't let in the cold. I found that I tried to layer on as much clothes as the old days and got too hot. Now I know that I don't need that much under the Arctic Armor suit.

Last year, as I was mulling over what suit to get, as you are now, I thought to myself: If I got something else and did go through the ice, there I would be, under the ice cold water, looking up at the underside of the ice thinking "I should have spent the extra few bucks to get a suit that floats"!

By the way, I have no connection to Arctic Armor whatsoever, except that I am a happy Arctic Armor owner.

Good fishing guys

This thread is damn near two years old. lol.
As you were mulling over what suit to get last year, it was still a year old.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Imagine MY surprise when I realized I mis-read the title to this thread.

Ice Fishing Sluts indeed!

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i now have the climate bibs and jacket. very happy with both. can get hot. but, they both have removable layers/liners. so, there is a solution to that. still need to test the flotation though. ;)

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have the striker predator? Since those suits float do they breathe? I really like gore Tex but after seeing the YouTube videos of the striker suits floating I was intrigued.

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had the suit for 2 years now. They don't breathe well, but they have plenty of vents that can be opened and that has been working well for me.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy of mine has the regular style blue ice armor suit. That short round bugger looks like a blue berry on the ice, especially if he is on a bucket:D

violet-beauregarde-willy-wonka-1971.jpeg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 49
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19