Insurance premiums on the rise

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Me and my insurance agent had a go round last month cause my insurance on house went up about 300 per year for same exact coverage. I told her that I was not paying for other people's stupid shit and that I would be looking into another insurance co. She said she would get back to me. Not holding my breath for long. LB

mikef

★★★★ Legendary Member
One of our elected legislators in our ND congress decided to change the reporting of minor violations on all us ND'rs.
So rolling through a stop sign used to not count against you, a minor speeding ticket was not an issue, low dollar claims were not factored in.

Well this individual decided to add these back in, and because of this we are having giant leaps in our premiums.
And of course the pool is spread and lots of big claims in shit eating states makes ours go up too.

But mostly it was a busy body ND elected jack wagon that cause all this.
Do tell?

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
My insurance went up 40%, American Family... interesting that this is blamed on politicians in ND. My agent is in ND but I am not and pretty sure AmFam is not a local to ND company. I suspect the economy, Bidens sh!t leadership, and hangover from all the "relief" from covid. Inflation is a bitch and it's going to get worse.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lot of catastrophe's around the US, with tornados, hurricanes, wildfires, etc, we are all paying for some if it through the rise in Ins prices and no way to convince me differently. Sucks for us Midwesterners, because we didn't choose to live in tornado alley, hurricane coasts, or dried up land.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lot of catastrophe's around the US, with tornados, hurricanes, wildfires, etc, we are all paying for some if it through the rise in Ins prices and no way to convince me differently. Sucks for us Midwesterners, because we didn't choose to live in tornado alley, hurricane coasts, or dried up land.
I have to imagine we have our share of hail and wind damage.

Wally World

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Insurance premiums in 2024 will increase by about $715 from 2023 for us. Small house, paid off vehicles. A 40% increase in auto premiums no claims, no accidents and additional drivers no additional or changed vehicles. Boat insurance actually went down $1 a month and umbrella coverage is the same i beleive. We insure through American Family. Is it worth looking around? and where is the best option?

Car insurance - 3 older payed off vehicles never been in an accident or had a claim, 1 with full coverage.

period 3/1/2023 - 9/1/2023
- $458

period 3/1/2024 - 9/1/2024
- $642

40% increase in 1 year.

Homeowners

period 3/1/2023 - 3/1/2024
- $1500

period 3/1/2024 - 3/1/2025
- $1850

23% increase in 1 year.
The life insurance companies have been paying out outrageous death benefit claims because the actuarial mortality rates are up by 40% since the roll out of the covid 19 vaccines. The life insurance companies would all go under if they couldn't pass these losses onto other lines of insurance. This is why all pretty much all insurance premiums have skyrocketed.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good ole Biden issues just like everything else in world, Thought I would never buy another pickup just ordered new 2025 GMC 2500 HD Denali cause damn friend wanted mine so good damn bad right at $100K, fuck me.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good ole Biden issues just like everything else in world, Thought I would never buy another pickup just ordered new 2025 GMC 2500 HD Denali cause damn friend wanted mine so good damn bad right at $100K, fuck me.
but you bought it so you must be ok with the price?

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hate to break it to you buddy, but you fell into the trap. Me thinks at least 50% of our population cannot afford these $80,90,100,000 vehicles. Perhaps I am wrong about you ..my apologies...but there is no way in hell all these ppl driving around in full size Denali's, Yukons, Suburbans, Wagoneers, etc are able to afford them and able to pay them off. NO WAY. We are in a credit card/loan debt explosion. Prove me wrong!. Rant over.

Last edited:

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
The life insurance companies have been paying out outrageous death benefit claims because the actuarial mortality rates are up by 40% since the roll out of the covid 19 vaccines. The life insurance companies would all go under if they couldn't pass these losses onto other lines of insurance. This is why all pretty much all insurance premiums have skyrocketed.
This is spot on! Back when i was in the industry, I THINK the plan for the actuaries was they would pay out 60-65% of claims to break even,,,thus make a profit on the other 30%....true.enuff them rich corporate bastards still making a profit. Them corporate bastards raise rates so they get their 30% again.

Narcs

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wally. Where in the hell did you find the statistic showing mortality rates up 40% since Covid vaccines and related life insurance payouts? What/who is the source? American Council of Life Insurers came out this year with information to the contrary.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wally. Where in the hell did you find the statistic showing mortality rates up 40% since Covid vaccines and related life insurance payouts? What/who is the source? American Council of Life Insurers came out this year with information to the contrary.
Look, don't start bringing facts into this discussion, it will ruin all the fun.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 180
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53