Is the .243 to small for deer?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used my .223 AR last year, was fun like hunting the enemy haha

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shot the biggest dear of my life so far with a .243. Head on through the chest. Didn't take a step. Fun guns to shoot. That .243 was a semi auto too which made it way more fun when I was 12,13,14,15.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shot the biggest dear of my life so far with a .243. Head on through the chest. Didn't take a step. Fun guns to shoot. That .243 was a semi auto too which made it way more fun when I was 12,13,14,15.

Do your folks still have that gun?

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do your folks still have that gun?

Unfortunately for me, it was a gun my pops borrowed from a friend for me when I was still small. Wish he owned it. I wonder if the friend still has it. I would like to buy it. There you go again Wags, putting money spending ideas in my head.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unfortunately for me, it was a gun my pops borrowed from a friend for me when I was still small. Wish he owned it. I wonder if the friend still has it. I would like to buy it. There you go again Wags, putting money spending ideas in my head.

I bet I'm more responsible for you spending money than any else you know haha. Well cept' your wife :D

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I need to stop buying hookers, they really get expensive.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Clay here are the pics of.that .218 bee. It has been a.while since I looked at it. It says Australian made. Birmingham arms company. The stock was.soldered on and that broke and extractors are shot I would like to get it.fixed up and shooting.

KIMG0416.jpgKIMG0417.jpg
KIMG0418.jpg
Sorry for the multiple pics did this from my phone.

- - - Updated - - -

I fixed it only one pic.of.each

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member

My heaviest was shot with a 6MM Remington (244) 105 grain Speer. He was on a fast lope behind a doe. I leaned out behind a tree. Drilled him head on at about 60 yards. He dropped like a brick, slid about 20 yards. The year was 1979 only deer we got. However we got 120 pounds of boned meat.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
BSA Martini parts should mostly interchange. That IS a Martini actions but I don't know nearly enough about them to suggest comparability. I suspect you can find a Martini forum though as they have a pretty dedicated following. Work pard had one in 22lr and another in 32 special and I always thought they were pretty neat. The action yours is built on is I believe refered to as a "cadet" size. They built them in some horrifically large safari chambers as well but the whole thing was upsized. That's just about everything I know about Martinis.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is one awesome gun Kurt, Mostly because your Grandpa was the one that set it up and wore it out. If I were in your shoes I'd compare it to a diamond and a goats ass. Every time you have a bad shot or a bad day on the line, Think of it and your Grandpa and don't let him down. If I ever were to expand my small collection of guns it would be vintage target rifles.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that might be a reason I have drug my feet on trying to get it fixed is it was his and I look at it and the stories that comes.with it I would be sick if it would get ruined in any way. Makes me wish I had some more years with him.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
No Martini Cadet extractors, but they've got lots of other Martini parts:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Search.htm?s=martini&results=All

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe call and see if this is for a Cadet or large frame:http://www.ima-usa.com/original-martini-henry-rifle-extractor-mk-iv.html

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.martinihenry.com/links.htm

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93