Is there a best time to buy a new shotgun?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
You probably won't save much waiting on a brand new gun, there are standard retail prices and the dealerships do not move too far from them if they are running a promotion. If it has to be brand new just go get it and start shooting. You won't regret spending a few extra bucks by being able to use it sooner.

Agreed, which is why I offered up the 6 choices that I did. A couple local choices, a couple online choices, and a big box choice should give one a pretty good idea what they're likely to pay.

I do make it a point to stop in @ Dry Dock when I'm close, good used gun selection which is far more interesting to me than new anyway.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Call Dry Dock in Carrington, they should give you a price over the phone i would certainly think.
That way you at least can compare prices that you get elsewhere.

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grabagun.com is another good one to watch. They have some good deals at times.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
speaking of shotguns, anyone shoot the Benelli 828u? I have been eyeing a new over under for clays/grouse/doves

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would do as SDMF says research find the price I am willing to bet in 90% of the cases your best price will be online. contact the smaller chain gun stores Mandan sporting goods etc and often times they will ask what you paid and do the best to match the price sometimes they will sometimes they wont. either way most smaller business will do the tranfers as your in the store and if your like me will pick up little gadgets once your there. but in the last 3 guns I bought a big brick and mortar store couldn't even get within $200 of the price I got online. good luck always fun buying guns

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive gotten a few guns from buds online. Prices are good and free shipping... Worth checking out.

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davidsons Guns (there's a dealer not too far from you) sometimes has good promo pricing. But the most important thing about any shotgun is how it fits you. Is the butt stock the right length, does the stock's comb put your eye in line with the barrel, etc.
If the model 12 works well for you, measure its stock and those measurements will weed out a bunch of guns that wouldn't work for you.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks for the input. That Model 12 fits "ok" is good enough to kill birds for me but not perfect. I shouldered all the semi autos in my price range at Scheels and the Montefeltro actually felt the best....but not 200$ better than the A300. The Model 12 was handed down to me from my Grandpa so it is not for sale.
I forgot to sign in online at Reeds, but did and they are 40$ cheaper (VIP price) than Scheels and Cabelas. I'll be checking all the local stores too. There is a new shop opening up in Stanley sometime, so maybe they will have some good grand opening prices.

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got an e-mail from CDNN and there's a rebate program from Browning right now. Since CDNN sells excess inventory, their prices are usually some of the lowest you'll find.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88