Is this $207 hub/bearing service acceptable?

Creek Chub

What is the appropriate response at this point to Northwest Tire? Would it be fair to just ask them to buy a new axle/hubs and replace the whole thing or is that going too far? -Creek Chub

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd settle for my money back, Two new dust caps, One new hub with bearings and seals and I'd leave in peace , Anything less than that I'd put up a pretty good argument .

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Creek chub, a cracked hub should show evidence of wether or not the crack is new. Look for shiny or rusty metal. Shiny=probably by them, rusty/weathered= probably you.

Otherwise, seals for sure, bearings and races if you want them to make it right and the hub depends on who is at fault

I also agree with Davey. That is a more than fair thing to ask for after the mess they caused. Just out of curiousity which NW Tire did u go to? I had some decent luck in the past with them but they really ticked my buddy off recently too with some work they did.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would be dammed ashamed if I did that on my boat trailer and somebody saw it

Creek Chub

It's all settled. I received the boat and trailer back today with two new hubs, two new dust caps, what I presume are fresh races, bearings, and grease, and a full refund. More than fair and it's nice that management made it right. All is well that ends well.

Thanks for all your thoughts and opinions. They gave me confidence that no, the initial service wasn't sufficient and it should be better for the price.

-Creek Chub

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's all settled. I received the boat and trailer back today with two new hubs, two new dust caps, what I presume are fresh races, bearings, and grease, and a full refund. More than fair and it's nice that management made it right. All is well that ends well.

Thanks for all your thoughts and opinions. They gave me confidence that no, the initial service wasn't sufficient and it should be better for the price.

-Creek Chub

As much of a headache as it is to have to have something re-done, it looks like they did a good job of correcting the problem. Given the full refund it appears that they are serious about keeping you as a customer too.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good to hear all turned out well for you and good on them for doing the right thing.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think you should jack up each wheel and give it a spin then shake it top to bottom and side to side to make sure the bearings are preloaded correctly.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What 2400 said. Otherwise it looks like they righted a wrong

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48