japanese balloon bombs

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
So with today's drone and gps tech. I bet it wouldn't take much to program a drone attached to a big balloon to find a target half a globe away.

jer79

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember in grade school taking a tour of our town ( historical and educational ) and being told that volunteers used to post on top of the county courthouse during that time with binoculars for that very reason.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing quite like the Japs using strategic high tech balloon warfare against the Dakota access pipeline decades prior to the actual events. Damn advanced race

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are indeed an ingenious race of people.

FWIW, ever since that ass-thumping handed to them by the U.S. known as WWII, they as a group are really anti-military and pro-peace. They are by far our best ally in that part of the world.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They are indeed an ingenious race of people.

FWIW, ever since that ass-thumping handed to them by the U.S. known as WWII, they as a group are really anti-military and pro-peace. They are by far our best ally in that part of the world.

If you are a history buff, I HIGHLY recommend Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcast "Supernova in the East". It goes through Japan's isolationist policies in the mid 1800's up to their war with China and the start of WWII. Fascinating how fast they went from a basically a middle ages feudal society to a world power in a 100 years.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you are a history buff, I HIGHLY recommend Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcast "Supernova in the East". It goes through Japan's isolationist policies in the mid 1800's up to their war with China and the start of WWII. Fascinating how fast they went from a basically a middle ages feudal society to a world power in a 100 years.

I'll check that out. Always looking for a good podcast. Along the note of interesting history i watched the first episode of Chernobyl on hbo last night. A lot more vomit than i was expecting.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dude. Hardcore History is SO good.

Blueprint for Armageddon- WWI from start to finish. 6 episodes, something like 20 hours of content.

Wrath of the Khans- Ghengis Khan's rise to power, and his son's and grandson's expansion of the largest empire ever known. They changed the course of history 800 years ago and we are still feeling the effects. Incredible stuff. 3 episodes, 7ish hours of content if I remember right.

Kings of Kings- Pre-Persian empire through Alexander. 3 episodes, 13ish hours of content.

And there is a ton more. You'll probably puke if you listen to Painfotainment though. Not for the squeamish. Don't think I could force myself to listen to it again. Makes you disgusted with humanity (or the lack thereof).

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28