JFK files

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got nothing else until you watch the aforementioned doc. The shots weren't difficult and Oswald was an expert Marine marksman.

Last edited:

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Having owned an Italian Carano 6.5 mm and researching that guns reviews, I don't think Oswald could hit the car, let alone JFK's head. The shots where from quite a distance, but I don't remember yardage.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
No. Kennedy's skull could've been cracked with a baseball. See the doc.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got nothing else until you watch the aforementioned doc. The shots weren't difficult and Oswald was an expert Marine marksman.

Umm, to clarify that a little bit. In the US Marine Corps, there are 4 distinct outcomes possible at the rifle range.

1. Expert...this is the highest qualification you can receive with at least a 220/250 score.
2. Sharpshooter...this is the 2nd highest and is what you receive with a score of 210-219 out of 250 points.
3. Marksman...lowest acceptable level of proficiency and is often called the toilet bowl for its resemblance to one. For this you need to shoot between 190 and 209. You weren't proud wearing a toilet bowl.
4. Did not qualify...no excuses and you will continue to shoot until you at least get to #3.

Lee Harvey Oswald shot a score of 212 after first joining the Corps, but by the time he got out his last qualification was a 191. Did poor weather, a hangover, or ????? unduly affect his later qualification round? I don't know, but we weren't allowed to pin any excuses on our uniforms.

The Corps' rifle qualification range is challenging for most in getting to the Expert level, but a Marksman is generally considered a fairly poor shot. I hated the offhand station as it was what kept me in the upper 220's to mid 230's, every...single...damn...time.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the shot was about 90 yards .

FBI tests[edit]​

The FBI tests of the Carcano's accuracy showed:

1) FBI firearms expert Robert A. Frazier testified that "It is a very accurate weapon. The targets we fired show that."[64] From 15 yards (14 m), all three bullets in a test firing landed approximately 2+1⁄2 inches (64 mm) high, and 1-inch (25 mm) to the right, in the area about the size of a dime (0.705 inch diameter).[65] At 100 yards (91 m), the test shots landed 2+1⁄2 to 5 inches (64 to 127 mm) high, within a 3-to-5-inch (76 to 127 mm) circle. Frazier testified that the scope's high variation would actually work in the shooter's favor: with a target moving away from the shooter, no lead correction would have been necessary to follow the target. "At that range, at that distance, 175 to 265 feet [53 to 81 m],[66] with this rifle and that telescopic sight, I would not have allowed any lead — I would not have made any correction for lead merely to hit a target of that size."

2) The rifle couldn't be perfectly sighted using the scope (i.e., thereby eliminating the above overshoot completely) without installing two metal shims (small metal plates), which were not present when the rifle arrived for testing, and were never found.[67] Frazier testified that there was "a rather severe scrape" on the scope tube, and that the sight could have been bent or damaged. He was unable to determine when the defect occurred before the FBI received the rifle and scope on November 27, 1963.

Ballistics Research Laboratory tests[edit]​

In an effort to test the rifle under conditions that matched the assassination, the Infantry Weapons Evaluation Branch of the U.S. Army's Ballistics Research Laboratory had expert riflemen fire the assassination weapon from a tower at three silhouette targets at distances of 175, 240 and 265 feet (53, 73 and 81 m).[68] Using the assassination rifle mounted with the telescopic sight, three marksmen, rated as master by the National Rifle Association, each fired two series of three shots. In the first series, the firers required time spans of 4.6, 6.75, and 8.25 seconds respectively. On the second series, they required 5.15, 6.45, and 7 seconds. The marksmen took as much time as they wanted for the first target at 175 feet (53 m), and all hit the target. For the first four attempts, the firers missed the second shot at 240 feet (73 m) by several inches. Five of the six shots hit the third target at 265 feet (81 m), the distance of President Kennedy from the sixth floor window when he was struck in the head.[69] None of the marksmen had any practice with the assassination weapon beforehand except to work the bolt.

During the investigation by the House Select Committee on Assassinations (1976–1978), the lead attorneys for the Committee, Robert Blakey and Gary Cornwell, were allowed to use WC-139 at an FBI firing range. The attorneys wanted to see how fast the bolt action could be operated. Blakey was able to fire two rounds in 1.5 seconds and Cornwell fired two rounds in 1.2 seconds. This was an experiment to test a possible theory that Oswald in his excitement may have pointed and fired, as opposed to aimed and fired. Some critics of the Warren Commission had claimed it was impossible to fire a Carcano rifle in less than 2.3 seconds. Both the CBS and HSCA tests proved conclusively that the claim was not accurate.[70]

Anyways, watch the documentary. As said before the entire scene was recreated.

That is all.

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah after watching the tucker bit last night its hard to deny the involvement of the cia. It actually explains the behavior of alot of presidents. When you get elected and come to the think about the fact that the cia actually took out a sitting president most of them I'm sure just dont make waves and continue to increase their funding every year. The power we have given to cia and fbi is immense and they answer to no one. More powerful than our actual govt at this point.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well it was no surprise after the bay of pigs shitshow that Jack wasn't very happy. He even made the director of the cia at the time step down becuase of the incompetence of the Cuba incident. The cia has done a lot of bad shit in the name of freedom, but in all actuality they only answer to someone obviously not part of the united states government.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wasn't JFK's brother Robert the Attorney General and wasn't he after the Mob, how many on here was watching that Sunday morning when Ruby shot Oswald

All I remember is what seemed a week long memorial and funeral for JFK.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
JFK was shot Nov. 22, 1963 ... Bobby Kennedy was shot June 5, 1968 and died early in the morning of June 6th.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 62
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 19