What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Jim Shockey rips Canadian officials after bear attack and deaths of mother/infant.
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="SDMF" data-source="post: 239812" data-attributes="member: 412"><p>Predators will live and thrive anywhere humans let them. They'll also very quickly lose their fear/respect for humans. I witnessed 2 coyotes frolicking <100yds off the gravel county road in MT this fall on opening weekend of deer season. It's in an area that for roughly 10Mi in any direction you only hunt there if you own it or pay to hunt there. With the exception of the occasional really dumb coyote pup in late summer I've never seen such behavior anywhere in ND.</p><p></p><p>Towards the end of MT's deer season I caught this guy "hiding" again <100yds off of a county gravel road.</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH]30008[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>Local folks must be giving fox a pass recently because I saw 4 different fox balled up like this all <100yds from a road and 3 of the 4 on public land and well away from any housing/yard that would have negated a shooting opportunity. I didn't have any "fox-friendly" firearms along and so I let them be. Might need to pack along the 22Mag next fall.</p><p></p><p>Grizzly bears and wolf packs should be relocated to urban parks and golf courses to keep deer numbers in check.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="SDMF, post: 239812, member: 412"] Predators will live and thrive anywhere humans let them. They'll also very quickly lose their fear/respect for humans. I witnessed 2 coyotes frolicking <100yds off the gravel county road in MT this fall on opening weekend of deer season. It's in an area that for roughly 10Mi in any direction you only hunt there if you own it or pay to hunt there. With the exception of the occasional really dumb coyote pup in late summer I've never seen such behavior anywhere in ND. Towards the end of MT's deer season I caught this guy "hiding" again <100yds off of a county gravel road. [ATTACH=CONFIG]30008._xfImport[/ATTACH] Local folks must be giving fox a pass recently because I saw 4 different fox balled up like this all <100yds from a road and 3 of the 4 on public land and well away from any housing/yard that would have negated a shooting opportunity. I didn't have any "fox-friendly" firearms along and so I let them be. Might need to pack along the 22Mag next fall. Grizzly bears and wolf packs should be relocated to urban parks and golf courses to keep deer numbers in check. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
16 minutes ago
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Jim Shockey rips Canadian officials after bear attack and deaths of mother/infant.
Top
Bottom