Just wow..not a very smart hunter in NY

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I new a guy back in the day that got shot walking down a gravel road an hour before shooting hours. In and out of both legs somehow missing the femoral in both. Lived to tell about it. I don’t remember what happened to the “hunter” in that situation.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
After hours shooting a pistol and nails a skinny chic from 200 yards walking her dogs. Something does not add up.

nybs

Honored Member
Yeah, sheriff in the story said it was a single shot pistol permissible for hunting but was after sunset. That guy should definitely lose hunting privileges and get in trouble. Bad deal.

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That's why it's a good idea to wear blaze orange if you're out and about during deer season, even if you're not hunting. I keep yelling at my dad to at least wear an orange hat when he's hanging around the pickup waiting to pick me up.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hate to say it, but if THIS isn't a point for the anti-gun people, I don't know what is...

I see their point here. An idiot, plus a gun, plus illegal activity (hunting after dark), and an innocent woman is dead.

Before anybody thinks I'm not Pro-Gun, I enjoy shooting and own several firearms. But this is not good...

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sad deal,seems this plays out every year some way or another,someone gets shot walking,hunter falls outof his tree stand and dies,woman washing dishes in her home takes a stray bullet,worse one a few years back when a trespasser was found on private property hunting in a tree stand and gets run off by the land owners,an argument ensued and the trepasser shoots 5 guys dead then takes off,bad deal every year but that was the worst.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sad deal,seems this plays out every year some way or another,someone gets shot walking,hunter falls outof his tree stand and dies,woman washing dishes in her home takes a stray bullet,worse one a few years back when a trespasser was found on private property hunting in a tree stand and gets run off by the land owners,an argument ensued and the trepasser shoots 5 guys dead then takes off,bad deal every year but that was the worst.

That one was really something. Something you almost couldn't make up. Wasn't part of it though, that there was a language barrier. One of the parties didn't speak, or barely spoke English?

Not that it matters. I wouldn't expect to go to another country, break their laws, then say "I don't speak your language".

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
That one was really something. Something you almost couldn't make up. Wasn't part of it though, that there was a language barrier. One of the parties didn't speak, or barely spoke English?

Not that it matters. I wouldn't expect to go to another country, break their laws, then say "I don't speak your language".

If I remember right the landowner asked him to speak a lot of words with the letter L pronunciations and the little guy went ballistic.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh he understood,these guyz were hunting an area that was all private,they would take turns getting dropped off,slide into an area solo,bang a deer and call in for a pickup only this time one got caught,report I read is the hunting party became aggressive verbally,suspected alcohol was involved 7 guyz shot 5 died,rifle used was a ak-47.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 151
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88