K-Drill

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most of the Devils Lake fisherman I know are switching to or at least getting a K-Drill for most of their fishing. Small, lightweight, and easily lays in the back seat. With most fisherman fishing out of their trucks and newer trucks having power converters built in keeping batteries charged isn't a problem as they bring their charging pack with. Those going on sleds say they just put the battery packs in an inside pocket of their coats to keep them warm and that helps them get a lot more holes. I know I'll be selling a couple of my older augers I never use anymore and be adding one.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
what is the comparable dewalt and why do they recommend the M-fuel over the dewalt? thanks.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The cool thing is that you can get a k drill that will work on a cordless drill and on a gas auger. That way you have options.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
what is the comparable dewalt and why do they recommend the M-fuel over the dewalt? thanks.

Milwaukee is recommended because I guess they are the only brand with the all metal chuck and their batteries are longer lasting in colder weather. I do see on kdrill website they are recommending a certain dewalt and Makita as well, that must be new as it used to be just Milwaukee.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm using a 8in kdrill with a Milwaukee fuel now. I'll be putting it on a clam auger plate when my adapter gets here.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
why would you use a k-drill, M-fuel and an adapter plate at the same time? serious question. what are the benefits?

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Benefits are a stable platform to hold onto. It feels like running a traditional auger while not using a finger to continually press a drill trigger, and keeps your drill up off the ice slush when it is laid down

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Benefits are a stable platform to hold onto. It feels like running a traditional auger while not using a finger to continually press a drill trigger, and keeps your drill up off the ice slush when it is laid down

This and it also helps keep some of torque off the drill.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was getting around 18- twenty inch holes per charge last winter. 25 inches I was down to about thirteen holes. That's with 8 inch blade. When the ice was 6 to 8 inches thick I was getting about 40+, That's all with the 5.0 Battery

Last edited:

Mocha

Founding Member
Founding Member
why would you use a k-drill, M-fuel and an adapter plate at the same time? serious question. what are the benefits?

Im in your park on this one. I see no need for the Clam plate but to each their own. The Milwaukee 18fuel with the side handle is very stable and no additional weight. IMHO

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The clam plate makes no sense to me either but then again i havent actually tried it.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
This and it also helps keep some of torque off the drill.

I agree with this. I bought the clam plate mid season last year. I believe I made a good decision. I don't necessarily think it is a must have though.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
after running it both ways I would not go back to running without plate. Plus I just like accessories. One can't have too many ;)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 144
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51