K-Drill

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone know anything about these augers? A friend asked me to post this as he said their you tube videos look good but he can't find anyone who has one. Guess they run off a cordless drill.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love mine. Looks like another winter with not so thick ice so I should have no problems drilling through 25 inches like last year. they are superlight and you don't have to worry about fumes etc. I have an 18v Milwaukee fuel drill hooked up.
If I were looking at 40 inches I would probably want my old gas auger for that .

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Father in law has one for the permanent. It definitely eats ice and its awesome not having to worry about dulling a blade on dirty ice. We used a corded drill in the permanent but I would like to get a Milwaukee to take it away from the permy.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are awesome and super light. We lost a K-drill hooked to a Milwaukee while fishing Winnipeg last year. :(

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love mine. Looks like another winter with not so thick ice so I should have no problems drilling through 25 inches like last year. they are superlight and you don't have to worry about fumes etc. I have an 18v Milwaukee fuel drill hooked up.
If I were looking at 40 inches I would probably want my old gas auger for that .

I got a chance to run Fishmissions kdrill last year. The thing just eats ice. a third the weight of a gas auger. I was pretty impressed.
I run a Eskimo Z71 10'' Id probably leave the eskimo in the truck unless really thick ice or fishing pike if i had one

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ditto with me on k drill with the Milwaukee fuel 18v. This will be my 3 winter with it. Love it love it love it. I just break out the trusty model 30 jiffy with extension if ice is thick. I have the 8 inch k drill but I am sure for a heck of a lot of situations, the 6inch would be fine.
I think the Milwaukee fuel 18 with batteries was like $249 and same with the k drill or there abouts. Put a clam auger plate with it last year. It looks like the batteries have now gotten better now also..5.0 version from 4.0.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run a kluge drill on an eskimo powerhead right now. Great setup. Doug kluge equipment is very high quality. Doug is also a very good man And his customer service is top notch.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Father in law has one for the permanent. It definitely eats ice and its awesome not having to worry about dulling a blade on dirty ice. We used a corded drill in the permanent but I would like to get a Milwaukee to take it away from the permy.

Which corded drill are you using and how big of generator? I am looking at trying to do this myself but I was afraid it would be too much for a honda 2000.

On another note I've ran a kdrill on a tanaka powerhead the last two winters and its been awesome. Whole setup weighs 19ish lbs. Just picked up another kdrill for the permanent a month ago.

Last edited:

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
My kdrill is 8 inch. ordering the 6 for Panfish. Haven't tested it out but I would think you get several more holes per battery with the six. anyone test this?

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is another k drill coming. Im hoping to test it this winter before it comes out.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
My kdrill is 8 inch. ordering the 6 for Panfish. Haven't tested it out but I would think you get several more holes per battery with the six. anyone test this?

Yes you would get more ice holes as drill isn't cutting as much ice.

greybeard

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought an 8" a month ago and can't wait to try it out. Going to run mine with a DeWalt as that's what I already had bought this past summer for a deck project. Didn't figure buying the "recommended Milwaukee" was really necessary, then I found the recommended DeWalt on the Kdrill website. I'll keep the ol' Strikemaster ready to go in case the ice happens to get thick, but hope I don't need it as my shoulder seems to not like toting an auger around as much as it used to. Set up a power inverter in the pickup to charge batteries as well since I have 2 chargers I'll just leave one in the pickup.

Hopefully in a couple weeks I can try it out.

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy bought one last year. He has the Milwaukee drill on his. I was pretty skeptical but have to say I was proven wrong. Granted we never had thick ice but it was the cat's meow. I'm interested to see how the plastic flighting holds up over time.

greybeard

Founding Member
Founding Member
QUOTE=Fish whisperer;117522]Buddy bought one last year. He has the Milwaukee drill on his. I was pretty skeptical but have to say I was proven wrong. Granted we never had thick ice but it was the cat's meow. I'm interested to see how the plastic flighting holds up over time.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm wondering as well. A buddy of mine bought one the same time I did and we have discussed that as a concern. What about when it's 30 below, things tend to get brittle when it gets pretty cold out.

littlefish

Founding Member
Founding Member
bought a 6 inch eskimo hand auger for 30 bucks, welded a 1/2 inch by 12 inch drill ext on it,
drills holes with any cordless drill amazingly fast but doesnt have the chipper blades. if you need that

Mocha

Founding Member
Founding Member
This will be my 5th winter with my 8" K-drill and love it! I am sending in the blades to get sharpened today but it took 4 years to dull them. Not to bad considering I drill 40-80 holes per outing on average. The last couple of years my K-Drill was getting a little dull so after about 14" of ice I would switch to my gas auger. I have my K-Drill on the 18vlt Milwaukee Fuel and the total weight is about 9 pounds. WOW! For those of you worried about the durability of the drill, I have not babied it at all and it still looks like new with O problems. I would highly recommend the K-Drill.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 98
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 33