Kid's fishing derbies

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Took my 3 kids over to the pond in WC today for the derby. Lots of bullheads, a couple big cats and a few trout. Kids had fun; it was a full on melee at times. As I age ever so ungracefully, I realize I am destined to be a grumpy old man. If we heard our middle name as a kid; it was serious. Today it means throttle up. Haha I was ready for a drink after a couple hours.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I can about imagine. Great thing to do for the kiddos tho. That much action will help those kids get hooked on fishing.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
No doubt about it, some of those kids got their first fishing in there. I was glad to take part. You know the Subaru commercial with the 3 kids running wild in the c store? I am pretty sure a few of them were running around there Saturday. I had never before heard the phrase "some people and their kids!" before moving here. Pretty sure the guy who came up with it was at a kids derby. Don't get me wrong, 99.9% of the kids were behaved and listened and if you go to one thinking it will be without trials, you live on hippie island; but anymore, parents who cannot control their kids need to be taken behind the woodshed.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56