Last years Jackall customers

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been exchanging emails with my supplier of the jackalls last year. At some point, the manufacturer switched from 1/3 oz to 1/4 oz. This might be why people weren't real happy with how fast they would sink. Currently, they are going to be switching to an even heavier bait but the timetable for production is unknown. If I'm able to get more in before the rush up to Winnipeg, here's what I'm willing to do:

Anyone that ordered last year and didn't like the weight/performance of the product, send it back and I will replace it, free of charge. PM me your name and address so I can keep things straight.

I truly apologize for sending an inferior product. I want to make things right with all of you that ordered from me.

-DH custom baits

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
They're all gone. I was waiting to reorder for this year when I got the run down.

aron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought some from you last year that ended up being the lighter jackalls. I am not going to return them but I would like to buy some of the heavier ones when you get the blanks in.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds good, Aron. I'll make a post as soon as I do (hopefully) get them in.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to get a couple from you this year as well. I won't be going to winny but I would like to try them around this area.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only time I use jerk raps is when I'm on Red Lake...and we're usually in 14 feet or less.

I'm fine with the lighter Jackals. But props to you for incredible customer service!

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got the lightest ones you had. Perfect for casting for Smalles, white bass etc. etc. I like mine. I would assume they will be just fine for icefishing as long as I'm not fishing beyond 12ish feet?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those yo-zuri ones are fantastic through the ice. They're light so I wouldn't expect them to hit 30 FOW real quick. I fished them in the channel in front of cattail last winter and did alright but they drifted enough that I needed a separate hole for my transducer. I can hang a #6 treble off the belly and an #8 off the tail. I did catch a few fish up on winni with them but they weren't big fish.

The rippin raps are BIG. Two #4 trebles would work but I tend to put a smaller treble on back to reduce line fouling or tangled hooks. I think they're going to be great up on winnipeg and even down here for northerns or bigger walleye.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
do you have a website or FB page where a guy can see these or what? Kinda feel like I need one or two of them.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jigaman, search dhcustombaits on Facebook. Same name on instagram. Working on a website.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't even claim ownership of that one. Wags was instrumental in that design and name.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another 500 rippin rap blanks are on their way to the paint booth. There's a couple of you that asked to put orders in and I had to hold off. Let me know if you're still wanting lures.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Props to this guy, for excellent customer service. Fellas, get to know him before he gets famous.

BTW, his painting is top-notch.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
so they sent you lighter baits and never told you anything until they had already all been sold and gone and you were ordering for this year!? maybe they need to take a page out of your customer service book?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 53
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18