Oahe report Mobridge

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saturday 3 of us limited North of Mobridge. We were jigging 20-30 fow. Most were 16-17 in but kept a few 14s. Friday we only got 8 but tried cranks for a few hours.

As with jigging we had a bunch of misses and lost a some after a brief fight. We watched other boats limit on Saturday as well.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't heard a word about smelt.

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
We did OK down in the Walth Bay area Saturday. Started up in the Moreau which was a complete waste of time with the dirty water. Main channel had better water and the fish were interested.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fish all spawned out down south, still going good in Bismarck area with crazy low water?

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
We fished Pollock on Saturday. They were darn near jumping in the boat. We had a shoreline to ourselves not far from the ramp and it was fire. Fish 16-20 inches. Sunday we fished around New Evarts. Not as hot but still did well. Fish were coughing up Sand Fly larve in the live well. Bigger fish came shallow. 5 FOW.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
We fished Pollock on Saturday. They were darn near jumping in the boat. We had a shoreline to ourselves not far from the ramp and it was fire. Fish 16-20 inches. Sunday we fished around New Evarts. Not as hot but still did well. Fish were coughing up Sand Fly larve in the live well. Bigger fish came shallow. 5 FOW.
Thanks...I fished the ND side and we did well...on small fish. Only 1 went 17 and the rest were 14 at best. I heard the SD ND line on the SD side was awesome as and bigger fish than we were getting. Mobridge should be good now or any day.

Oh we jigged how were you fishing?

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fished down by the border on Saturday morning on the ND side and same thing as Rowdie, lots of little ones. Was able to scratch out a limit, but it took a bit with weeding out all the small guys. Was pulling spinners in that 18-20'.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fished down by the border on Saturday morning on the ND side and same thing as Rowdie, lots of little ones. Was able to scratch out a limit, but it took a bit with weeding out all the small guys. Was pulling spinners in that 18-20'.

Thanks...wonder why the bigger ones are south??

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks...I fished the ND side and we did well...on small fish. Only 1 went 17 and the rest were 14 at best. I heard the SD ND line on the SD side was awesome as and bigger fish than we were getting. Mobridge should be good now or any day.

Oh we jigged how were you fishing?
We were pulling a bare hook/bead/crawler/minnow with a bottom bouncer slow. .5 mph. Fish in all depths.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shore fished Saturday and couldn't cast out past 7 fow. The boats out deeper, in 10 - 14 were nonstop. Sunday in a boat then we had action. The week before, after that cold rainy week, we were in 20-35 fow and did good with 17" fish but that was halfway between Mobridge and Pollock.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 151
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52