Leica Rangefinders

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
For those that have had them, what is the life expectancy? I am thinking about purchasing a refurbished 1000i TBR Rangemaster. I have read some reviews that Leica's pieces can crap out rather soon and there is basically no repairing them but, others have said it is a breeze to get them repaired/replaced and that they last forever. Anyone have any first hand knowledge? Thanks for the the help.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an LRF 900 and absolutly love it! Had it for a couple of years and had no problems!

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just purchased the 1600 and had it out prairie dog hunting this past weekend. Had no problems, worked great. In fact there are four of that go and we all use Leica rangefinders. One of the guys had an older Leica and was having some issues with it, sent it in and Leica sent him a brand new current model...no questions asked.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have one too, would not buy anything else.

Highly recommend this device to anybody that wants a rangefinder.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure about the refrib but I bought mine new(1600 version) 7 years ago,no issues,compared the sworovski,and leoupid 14,hands down the best glass and aqusistion,super fast laser lock even on moving targets,can't beat the red display in low light conditions either.

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a 900 after the 1200 hit the market from Camerlandny at a very good discount. I've had it a few years without problems. I do remove the battery when I won't be using it for more than a few days.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a leica 1000 off of cameraland for 400 bucks as a demo set. Great little optic and laser.

Mr Nice

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a 1200 that had issues picking up 3D targets and ultimately wouldn't range a moose at 90 yards, which I'm still a little bitter about. Upon return from that trip I sent it back to Leica which they replaced with a new 1600 no questions asked. Their customer support is top notch just like the quality of their glass. My first one was just a defective unit which happens in manufacturing.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
So it is actually the Leica CRF 1000-R rangemaster. I combined Leica and Leupold names. My bad. Anyway, for $479.99 for what I'm told is basically new, just a floor demo, I better buy it.

Dahrl

leica 1600b rangefinder problem

This is a question not a reply. I have a Leica 1600B rangefinder. I'm in the field, everything works, but the range finder. The reticle square lights up, but no range finding. the red dashes don't light either. So battery is good.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is a question not a reply. I have a Leica 1600B rangefinder. I'm in the field, everything works, but the range finder. The reticle square lights up, but no range finding. the red dashes don't light either. So battery is good.

Is laser portion of the range finder blocked? If it isn’t able to ping back and forth, you can not receive a number

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is laser portion of the range finder blocked? If it isn’t able to ping back and forth, you can not receive a number

It's actually pretty easy/common for part of a glove/mitten to partial cover the laser lens and the laser lens needs to be cleaned occasionally. If that's not your problem, have the unit in front of you and give Leica customer service a jingle.

FWIW, I bought one of their 800yd golf units (Pinmaster) on closeout for $200 7-8yrs ago. It's lived in the door pocket of my pickup ever since. I believe I'm still in the original battery and unless something has happened within the last couple of weeks, it's still working as it should.

I had an '04 model Geovid stop ranging past 200yds sometime in '08 or early '09 still within the warrantee period and they repaired/returned it within 1Mo.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76