suppressor help

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve been looking at the dominus from thunderbeast. Close the the ultra 7 but a little fatter. The weight doesn’t bother me but the length of cans sucks especially the ultra 9’s on a 26” barrel. I’ve been happy with the TBAC cans, my two ultra 9’s are interchangeable on rifles with no poi change between cans and with consistent impact shifts from unsuppressed to suppressed. Also great customer service. Haven’t heard bad things about the banish I haven’t played with them personally.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to derail the thread but have anyone had any trouble with light contour barrels and poi change as the barrel heats up with a suppressor on. My 257wby which is a remington 700 cdl in a McMillan stock. It has a light contour heavy fluted barrel but always shot sun moa. After putting the suppressor on the first shot would be dead on, second shot an inch low, then third shot 2” low and would settle in there until the barrel cooled and then would repeat. I had to bed the last 2” of barrel channel with light pressure on the barrel to fix it but now shoots consistent as barrel heats up and still sub moa.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Why don't you just use one of them gas filters they try to sell on Facebook

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
Thank you all for the responses and input. I called TAG firearms last night, about 5 minutes after store closing time. To my surprise, a gentleman named James answered and he was super great to talk to. He stayed on the phone with me for 20 minutes. He answered all my questions, walked me through the entire process. With there store hours only being till 4:00 and not open on weekends he agreed to meet with me after store hours so I could physically see each type of suppressor they offer and he will then answer any other questions that I have. After the phone call, I felt much better about the entire process and the route im going to take. I feel pretty confident in saying that I will be purchasing my suppressors through them.

I’ve been looking at the dominus from thunderbeast. Close the the ultra 7 but a little fatter. The weight doesn’t bother me but the length of cans sucks especially the ultra 9’s on a 26” barrel. I’ve been happy with the TBAC cans, my two ultra 9’s are interchangeable on rifles with no poi change between cans and with consistent impact shifts from unsuppressed to suppressed. Also great customer service. Haven’t heard bad things about the banish I haven’t played with them personally.

He mentioned this can to me yesterday on the phone, He also said i couldnt go wrong with the ultra 7. Will see what i decide next week when i go in to look at them.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
If in bismarck and it is your first time doing any of this call tag firearms 7012266096 set up a time and go use their kiosk, pictures fingerprints everything it will probably be the easiest 25 minutes before your 8+ month wait for your suppressor. They usually use the 25$ singleshot trust off silencershop, which i have never used as i got my trust through silencer central. Plus you can shop anything off silencershops website and any promotions they have such as free tax stamp apply.
On the other hand Silencer central is extremely easy as well especially if they have their kiosk set up at the sports show or something. Their send to home kit isn't that hard either just puts a little more time on the whole process. I have a direct contact through there if you want to use it pm me, i will send you his number. They have a couple decent deals going on right now with the purchase of any banish line suppressor 223 and above, including their new 5" backcountry, you can gett a rimfire22k can for free just pay tax stamp, you can get the banish 22 rimfire 100$ off or 200$ off another banish 223 or above, think it ends this week. Also their trust is probably one of the better ones i have seen. When you set it up you will need to put someone down incase you would die or something, this person doesn't get a background check at all.
Once you get their trust and receive your suppressor if you want to add your wife kid whatever just take a copy to a notary and have them added. If you want to buy another suppressor down the road you can remove them and have a notary sign the removal. If you choose not to remove them and use the same trust whomever is on your trust will need a background check. Once you receive your next suppressor you can add them back to your trust with no background check. This to me is the nice thing about silencer central trust is it is easily flexible and seems pretty legit.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
tag pushes dominus and thunderbeast pretty hard but they have them on hand and they seem like decent cans and james will let you know why he thinks they are a great product, you are in good hands with them, very knowledgeable no bullshit guys.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you make a trust, just list yourself initially. then you are the only one who needs to be there at the time of purchase/pick up. then you should be able to add others later.

other than the wait time, i had a great experience with silencer central. but, i've also heard really good things about our local gun shops too. although, i am not sure how thrilled they are to do it cause i don't think they make a lot of money considering the time and paperwork they have into it by the time its done.
DO NOT USE SILENCER CENTRAL

there is no requirement to pick it up in person. my 1st one through silencer central was hanging on the side of my mailbox when I got home from work.

I made the mistake and purchased my 2nd & 3rd through silencer central black Friday special in 2021 ( buy the 30 cal and get a 22 cal free) Them bastards waited until April 5th of 22 to e-file the paperwork, and I am still waiting 1 year later. I chose the 4 payment plan and am not sure if that is the reason for the delay, but if it is the fuckers should say that up front. They have not admitted that is the reason for the delay for submission, but that it is the only thing that makes any sense. at first they said the reason for the delay was because they wanted to submit it electronically because this method was supposed to take 80-120 days. After I confronted them with the fact that the ATF started taking online applications in December they changed their story. I would never purchase another product from them as their customer service sucks after the purchase and they have no problem lying to cover their incompetency.

Last edited:

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
If in bismarck and it is your first time doing any of this call tag firearms 7012266096 set up a time and go use their kiosk, pictures fingerprints everything it will probably be the easiest 25 minutes before your 8+ month wait for your suppressor. They usually use the 25$ singleshot trust off silencershop, which i have never used as i got my trust through silencer central. Plus you can shop anything off silencershops website and any promotions they have such as free tax stamp apply.
On the other hand Silencer central is extremely easy as well especially if they have their kiosk set up at the sports show or something. Their send to home kit isn't that hard either just puts a little more time on the whole process. I have a direct contact through there if you want to use it pm me, i will send you his number. They have a couple decent deals going on right now with the purchase of any banish line suppressor 223 and above, including their new 5" backcountry, you can gett a rimfire22k can for free just pay tax stamp, you can get the banish 22 rimfire 100$ off or 200$ off another banish 223 or above, think it ends this week. Also their trust is probably one of the better ones i have seen. When you set it up you will need to put someone down incase you would die or something, this person doesn't get a background check at all.
Once you get their trust and receive your suppressor if you want to add your wife kid whatever just take a copy to a notary and have them added. If you want to buy another suppressor down the road you can remove them and have a notary sign the removal. If you choose not to remove them and use the same trust whomever is on your trust will need a background check. Once you receive your next suppressor you can add them back to your trust with no background check. This to me is the nice thing about silencer central trust is it is easily flexible and seems pretty legit.

Thats who i called and talked to. The feeling i got after the visit was great. Having not met them in person yet they take pride in what they do and it sure seemed like they were pretty knowledgeable on the entire deal.

The deals that silencer central had going on are actually pretty dang good, but with obi-wan's an another person's horror stories of the shit they pull i think im going to pass.

I will be asking all the questions about the trust cause your method of adding and removal seems so easy.

thanks for your input

there is no requirement to pick it up in person. my 1st one through silencer central was hanging on the side of my mailbox when I got home from work.

I made the mistake and purchased my 2nd & 3rd through silencer central black Friday special in 2021 ( buy the 30 cal and get a 22 cal free) Them bastards waited until April 5th of 22 to e-file the paperwork, and I am still waiting 1 year later. I chose the 4 payment plan and am not sure if that is the reason for the delay, but if it is the fuckers should say that up front. They have not admitted that is the reason for the delay for submission, but that it is the only thing that makes any sense. at first they said the reason for the delay was because they wanted to submit it electronically because this method was supposed to take 80-120 days. After I confronted them with the fact that the ATF started taking online applications in December they changed their story. I would never purchase another product from them as their customer service sucks after the purchase and they have no problem lying to cover their incompetency.

Honestly your not the first person i have talked in the last 24 hours that had the exact same experience minus the part about it hanging from the mailbox. That's just not right- one would think that the ATF wouldn't approve of that method. What would the point of the background checks and shit be if they just mailed it out and anyone could steal it before it got to your possession.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not defending SC or trying to push anyone towards them as there are a lot of people I have heard they have run through the ringer. I also think local is the way to go especially with TAG's kiosk, the single shot trust might not be as good as SC, but for 25$ you can afford to give it a shot.
I am not sure if the 4pay and mail in fingerprint and photo is what causes the delay or what with SC. My brother did the 4 pay deal at SC and their mail in fingerprint and photo package and it took way longer to process then i thought it should as well he ordered his in january with eform from SC still doesn't have his. I did old paper form and ordered from their kiosk and paid everything that day, all of my stuff was submitted within the week, the long wait was the ATF for me. I will say this for their products, the banish 30 gold is an awesome suppressor with the devour cover and multiple brakes has been great for me and is noticeably quieter than a lot of the other cans at the range I have shot it on .223 to 300 win mag. I personally am on the fence if i should try out their new backcountry or banish 46 or give the dominus at TAG a shot.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know when I went through TAG a couple years ago it was before they had the kiosk and stuff. I paid around $100 extra for the trust at that time, but it seems to be a rock solid trust with easy addition or removal of responsible persons and additional NFA items onto the trust. I don't think there is anything wrong with the single shot trust, I just don't have any experience with it and am not sure if you can add more suppressors to the trust or if you need to get a new trust set up for each suppressor.

I always wanted to have a range day where guys got together to shoot different suppressors and see what they liked and get the guys from TAG there to answer questions and such. It just sucks with the cost of reloading supplies and ammo to let people shoot to much. I will add if anyone is in the wilton area north of bismarck and want to check out the thunderbeast ultra 9's or the dead air mask 22lr suppressor I could easily meet them. I also have an old school AAC Cyclone that is heavier than crap and direct thread if anyone needs any convincing to go titanium.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats who i called and talked to. The feeling i got after the visit was great. Having not met them in person yet they take pride in what they do and it sure seemed like they were pretty knowledgeable on the entire deal.

The deals that silencer central had going on are actually pretty dang good, but with obi-wan's an another person's horror stories of the shit they pull i think im going to pass.

I will be asking all the questions about the trust cause your method of adding and removal seems so easy.

thanks for your input

Honestly your not the first person i have talked in the last 24 hours that had the exact same experience minus the part about it hanging from the mailbox. That's just not right- one would think that the ATF wouldn't approve of that method. What would the point of the background checks and shit be if they just mailed it out and anyone could steal it before it got to your possession.

This is directly off SC web site

WHEN IT COMES TO OUR SERVICES,​

WE’VE MADE SIMPLE EVEN SIMPLER.​

Silencer Central has everything you need to complete your silencer purchase. We have a mail in barrel threading service, a handy eZ-pay program, even our famous totally free gun trust to make silencer ownership simple. Plus we have direct shipping of silencers, meaning you don’t have to leave your home to pick up your silencer once purchase is approved!

DIRECT 2U SHIPPING​

HOME SWEET HOME DELIVERY
We are licensed in all 42 states where suppressors are legal and that allows us to deliver your new silencer directly to your front door.

EZ-PAY PLAN​

SHOP NOW, PAY LATER
Silencer Central’s eZ-Pay Plan allows you to begin the ATF paperwork immediately while you make four interest-free payments (a down payment plus three equal monthly payments) while your NFA items are pending ATF approval. Submitting your down payment of 25% allows us to file your transfer paperwork with the ATF while you pay off your balance over three months. No added fees, ever!

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I understand the theory of these beast but dam now smoke pole is 6 to 8" longer, how heck to you hunt with them.

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
I understand the theory of these beast but dam now smoke pole is 6 to 8" longer, how heck to you hunt with them.
in a blind.

this reason here is why i want a suppressor- the land i get to hunt on i helped build a bunch of box blinds to place out and hunt out of. the echo in them is ridiculous lol
I know when I went through TAG a couple years ago it was before they had the kiosk and stuff. I paid around $100 extra for the trust at that time, but it seems to be a rock solid trust with easy addition or removal of responsible persons and additional NFA items onto the trust. I don't think there is anything wrong with the single shot trust, I just don't have any experience with it and am not sure if you can add more suppressors to the trust or if you need to get a new trust set up for each suppressor.

I always wanted to have a range day where guys got together to shoot different suppressors and see what they liked and get the guys from TAG there to answer questions and such. It just sucks with the cost of reloading supplies and ammo to let people shoot to much. I will add if anyone is in the wilton area north of bismarck and want to check out the thunderbeast ultra 9's or the dead air mask 22lr suppressor I could easily meet them. I also have an old school AAC Cyclone that is heavier than crap and direct thread if anyone needs any convincing to go titanium.

i might take u up on this idea. cause im not sure what rimfire suppressor i should go with.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one on my AR & shot coyotes two different times while hunting mule deer with my son and he didn't even hear the shots, we were within a couple hundred yards of each other both times.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
Elk,bear,mule deer, moose,sheep,caribou nice but just not for me not putting 32" long barrel in gun scabbard, or case to fly out in wilderness and work all over mountains.
Many companies are now offering alot of calibers in shorter barrels. You'll give up some velocity but allows for a total barrel/can length less than 26 inches if you pick the right can. I believe browning now offers a supressor ready line of rifles with short for caliber barrels that are factory threaded ready to be suppressed

Bobkat

Established Member
I got mine from dakota suppressor, which has been renamed now, but they do the trust and everything for you. It really is stupid that it is so difficult to buy a suppressor, the logic behind it is seriously flawed.... I think they are typically at the gun shows that are held every year or you can buy online maybe?
Agree that suppressors fromDakota Suppressor( Sioux Falls) work well, and they have excellent customer relations - a good bunch to deal with while waiting a year for the Feds to decide you are not a terrorist .

Also agree that the.long, overly involved ineffective process attempting to supposedly keep buyers honest is simply silly and unnecessary! With my old ears being trashed by too many loud noises in the past ( unmuffled 1950’ s tractors, noisy aircraft, shooting, riveting, etc. supressor use is pretty well a must! Wish they’d invent one that’s weightless and built INTO the barrel and not much extra weight hung on to the end of the barrel!

Like anything else for you young guys out there - LOOK AFTER YOUR EARS! Prevention is always better than expensive hearing aids! Wish I’d been smarter 70 years ago!

cyrus1976

its all about money, my purchase in November butvthey did not send in the paperwotk to atfbuntil January, more selling than service!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69