Reuse Old bones and stuff

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wilson must have over 2 dozen bones now, and I thought there must be a way to reuse these bones so he is interested in chewing them again.
I have been investigating on ways to reuse the bones, like boiling them in beef/chicken broth, mixing a filling to put into the bones. Has anyone else tried to reuse the old bones or do you just throw them away and buy new ones. I grew up with second hand, I'm a thrift store shopper, and I fix my torn jeans, so you could say I'm white trash to my core and that's not going to change. I'm just looking for similar minded people who also reuse old item like dog bones.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
me too. It is just they still hold me up db

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have very similar views on shit. we almost never have a leftover hit the garbage, still have clothes from high school i wear and tools and furniture from my grandparents and great grandparents that get used. having said that... in the words of my wife: "throw the fucking things away lunk! they are dog bones for christ sake."

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah well cheese and rice, do you know how much those bastatds last on avg compared to the cost of buying a new bone that is perfectly fine? Heck can't buy any chew toys unless they are those hard plastic ones that have absolutely no flavor and like the bones, he loses interest in them.
At work I go through a role of blue rags once a week, and the only reason it's not more frequent is because I hang the used ones up to dry out after I wipe down water spills or my flasks after my waterbath treatment for my rice test. @Kurtr will understand what I'm talking about, then the rags can be used to clean my pans after every use and my gyro molds at the end of the day.
Shit I save all my old stained and worn out t shirts for shop rags instead of using paper towels.
I'm a penny pincher and I'm going to be just fine if the world goes to shit in the future. So forgive me if I think the world wastes too much when we can be self conscientious about things like old dog bones.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah well cheese and rice, do you know how much those bastatds last on avg compared to the cost of buying a new bone that is perfectly fine? Heck can't buy any chew toys unless they are those hard plastic ones that have absolutely no flavor and like the bones, he loses interest in them.
At work I go through a role of blue rags once a week, and the only reason it's not more frequent is because I hang the used ones up to dry out after I wipe down water spills or my flasks after my waterbath treatment for my rice test. @Kurtr will understand what I'm talking about, then the rags can be used to clean my pans after every use and my gyro molds at the end of the day.
Shit I save all my old stained and worn out t shirts for shop rags instead of using paper towels.
I'm a penny pincher and I'm going to be just fine if the world goes to shit in the future. So forgive me if I think the world wastes too much when we can be self conscientious about things like old dog bones.
I had white dish towels that i used. the blue rags and wd40 were the best thing ever for an asphalt tester.

On the dog bone thing mine has never been a big chewer since he was a puppy.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had white dish towels that i used. the blue rags and wd40 were the best thing ever for an asphalt tester.

On the dog bone thing mine has never been a big chewer since he was a puppy.
Heck Wilson 2.5 years loves chewing on toys and bones, he's likes to walk around and sleeps with a chuck it ball. It's really nice that we are having such a great winter so far, we can go out a few times a day.
I go through 2.5 gallons of wd-40 in a season

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I guess I didn't have the right color/action:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137