Let your vehicle warm up not so fast you are damaging your engine!!

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try going anywhere in a minute @ -15° with a Duramax. Usually takes 15 mins accelerated idle and about 5 miles before you even can think about any heat.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
EFI was a huge upgrade. When I was a kid you pulled the manual choke all the way out and pumped the gas pedal till you had fire in the holes then push the choke cable in just far enough so it would stay running and gradually warm up so you could take the choke off. Cold starts force fed fed way more gas than engine could burn back then. Fuel injections systems ran by computers fixed that problem. The old Chevys you could put automatic in N and warm up the tranny. Can't even put transfer case in Nuteral

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
EFI was a huge upgrade. When I was a kid you pulled the manual choke all the way out and pumped the gas pedal till you had fire in the holes then push the choke cable in just far enough so it would stay running and gradually warm up so you could take the choke off. Cold starts force fed fed way more gas than engine could burn back then. Fuel injections systems ran by computers fixed that problem. The old Chevys you could put automatic in N and warm up the tranny. Can't even put transfer case in Nuteral
yep usually put the manual choke on when the auto choke quite working. Pretty much had to sit in the vehicle to keep it running till it warmed up.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
My old dodge has 360,000+ miles on the original engine. That thing ran nearly all winter long. Changed oil religiously at 2500 or so miles tho

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80