live from the blind.....

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got er Done bois! 5 came at 420 (mannn) but left with noses full of my stink. Was 1 �� doe, two fawns, 2 satans. Figured my night was over. lo and behold a few minutes later a new group came towards me, in the lead was a 3 by 3 1.5 year Old , I drew on him at About 5 yards, he wasn't having any of that, took off with the group, and dodged my arrow at about 50 yds. at this point I knew for sure my night was done. But then a lone deer started across the field towards me. he was walking straight at me but turned about 4 steps from the tree. I drew back just knowing he would hear me and take off like the others. he crouched down, looked up at me and I was able to let the arrow fly. I smoked him. He was plowing snow after about 70 yards. just got done measuring. he's just over 180 B&c.....

- - - Updated - - -

1450833561426.jpg

Attachments

1450833561426.jpg
Last edited:

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trying to show entry and exit. Entry cut off z vessel at top left of photo just below and left of the highest point of the heart in the photo. The two darker spots are where 2 of the 3 blades went. The exit is, well, obvious. Much like handgun choice.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats on a good looking deer. I love hunting this time of year for about the first hour then a guy gets cold and it sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw... I forgot to update my live from the blind post. I stuck a nice bodied spike that night and wasn't sure about the shot. Rather than track it with flashlights and risk pushing it and never seeing it again, I waited til morning. Found it almost 200 yards from the blind completely torn up by yotes. Disappointed to say the least. First deer I've shot with my bow in about 7 years. Ain't many around and I hate wasting one to feed those mangy canines. Gonna invest in one of those special blood tracking lights for next year. The issue presents itself way too often whilst bow hunting.

Blood tracking lights suck. Just buy a light with a good bright white light and u will be good to go.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 49
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 14