Livescope portable boat mount

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey guys, just bit the bullet and ponied up for a livescope ice bundle. Was wondering what you guys are using for poles? I want this to be portable as possible as I have multiple boats and would like to use it on friends boats too. Thanks!!

leier12

I use the brew city pole. I have both the attachment for the rails and trax system which covers taking into most boats.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I have rails, and all of the boats I know I might fish out of use Scotty rod holders, so I went this route, but I am still up in the air about it.

ram.jpg

^^^ This one piece Scotty-RAM ball is supposed to be more sturdy than the 2 piece that can be bought from Summit. ^^^

PXL_20230219_185753109.PORTRAIT_2_1024x1024@2x.jpg
s-l640.png
IMG_8472_6d25aa9f-3b15-4088-96b5-eae99bc52498_1024x1024@2x.jpg
IMG_9942_1024x1024@2x.jpg

I bought everything through Summit, except for the Scotty-Ram ball and the 9" RAM arm.

leier12

I tried that summit mount, since i already had the pole for ice fishing, Vollmer and had some issues with is staying down in the current or any sort of movement faster than about 1mph. The Brew City pole allows me to go about 4mph no issues

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I tried that summit mount, since i already had the pole for ice fishing, Vollmer and had some issues with is staying down in the current or any sort of movement faster than about 1mph. The Brew City pole allows me to go about 4mph no issues
That is what I am worried about. If it can handle 1 mph I might be okay with it, as I mostly want to use it when pitching jigs. Time will tell.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have rails, and all of the boats I know I might fish out of use Scotty rod holders, so I went this route, but I am still up in the air about it.

ram.jpg

^^^ This one piece Scotty-RAM ball is supposed to be more sturdy than the 2 piece that can be bought from Summit. ^^^

PXL_20230219_185753109.PORTRAIT_2_1024x1024@2x.jpg
s-l640.png
IMG_8472_6d25aa9f-3b15-4088-96b5-eae99bc52498_1024x1024@2x.jpg
IMG_9942_1024x1024@2x.jpg

I bought everything through Summit, except for the Scotty-Ram ball and the 9" RAM arm.
With a safety rope tied to it if for some reason it falls in the water so you don't have to pull it in by the ducer cable. :)

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
The summit pole/ram ball mount system can’t handle the torque of much more than 1 mph IME as well. I made a modified mount using the Scotty rod holder, PVC, and the summit pole. That doubled the speed I can go.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Summit pole is the deal for ice fishing. It easily gets twisted around in the boat application and can get annoying having to readjust all the damn time. Brew City mount is about as solid as they come for the boat. Just don't expect it to be much for portable.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good info. Looks like I'm going to have to make some adjustments to my summit set up for the boat.

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the ideas guys. I think I'm going to go with the brew city set up for the track mount option. I'll just add a few 6" tracks to the boats. Not sure what I will do with other peoples boats but I will figure that out when the time comes!

YCbtx

I use brew city pole set-up, but dont have rails. Bought the attachment that goes into side-mount scotty rod holder. It is very secure and easy to use. Had a buddy get his summit set-up ripped of the boat this summer in some waves (when it was in the up position) and ripped the cord right out of the black box and lost the ducer, pole and all (bad day for him). I also purchased the perspective view mount from brew city. Spent $15 on pvc and made a sweet ice mount for set-up and just unscrewed the perspective mount from the brew city pole and mounted on pvc...able to use all 3 settings then for ice fishing. The brew city mount is spendy but figured if I spent that much on Livescope, I was gonna get the most out of it I could....has paid for itself already.

leier12

I use brew city pole set-up, but dont have rails. Bought the attachment that goes into side-mount scotty rod holder. It is very secure and easy to use. Had a buddy get his summit set-up ripped of the boat this summer in some waves (when it was in the up position) and ripped the cord right out of the black box and lost the ducer, pole and all (bad day for him). I also purchased the perspective view mount from brew city. Spent $15 on pvc and made a sweet ice mount for set-up and just unscrewed the perspective mount from the brew city pole and mounted on pvc...able to use all 3 settings then for ice fishing. The brew city mount is spendy but figured if I spent that much on Livescope, I was gonna get the most out of it I could....has paid for itself already.
100% agree. I didnt know brew city has an attachment for rod holders.

YCbtx

It doesn't go in the actual rod holder itself....it secures through the rod holder base with a bolt...pretty easy to take on and off. The bracket and bolt set up are sold separately of course..at a premium price but so far I really like it and being able to just take the bolt out of the bottom of the pole and leave the ducer connected to the brew city bracket that lets you use down, forward and perspective and bolt to the pvc setup I made for ice fishing has been a piece of cake. I have the original ice pole that came with the livescope but will not use that anymore. The brew city pole is made out of the same material they make troller motor shafts with, so pretty sturdy...but way to bulky to use ice fishing (need to have something that breaks down).

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
It doesn't go in the actual rod holder itself....it secures through the rod holder base with a bolt...pretty easy to take on and off. The bracket and bolt set up are sold separately of course..at a premium price but so far I really like it and being able to just take the bolt out of the bottom of the pole and leave the ducer connected to the brew city bracket that lets you use down, forward and perspective and bolt to the pvc setup I made for ice fishing has been a piece of cake. I have the original ice pole that came with the livescope but will not use that anymore. The brew city pole is made out of the same material they make troller motor shafts with, so pretty sturdy...but way to bulky to use ice fishing (need to have something that breaks down).
I seen them rod holder mounts. unfortunately mine are flush mount. got any pics of the ice fishing setup? i too plan on getting that zero degree mount for the perspective mode. Pretty jacked up for this!

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just spoke with one of the summit guys last week and he just received his prototype stabilizer for the pole mount for trolling in the boat. Said it is a good design and should allow for trolling at regular cranking speeds. He said its not available to the public yet, but will be soon.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 155
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88