Looking For a Rifle

TWN

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where do you guys look when you're trying to find a specific gun? I am looking for a used Remington 700 Mountain rifle in 270 Win. Long story, needs to be exactly that. I'm pretty much limited to google search as far as technology goes so I get to gunbroker or gunsamerica, thats about the end of the search. I'm sure there's one in a pawn shop or somewhere for sale but at a loss to find it. Thanks, TWN

Skullet

Established Member
I know a guy that has that exact rifle. Doesn’t shoot worth a damn. He’d probably be willing to part with it. ;:;rofl

TWN

Founding Member
Founding Member
wood stock, blued barrel- not interested in the stainless/synthetic models. DBM is good. What other options am I missing? thanks

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Guns International is my first go-to. Surprised to see only one custom available in 7Rem. They're still worth keeping in mind.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
What you need is a friend who works on the road and knows every pawn shop, hardware store, and sporting goods retailer in 4 states and visits each of them regularly. Or so I’m told.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gun Broker is my huckleberry. I have bought 3 rifles through there over the last dozen or so years. Just picked up a 700 ADL 270 built in 1980. It is just like it came out of the box.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unless you find one on a shelf somewhere, you’ll have to be willing to pay what someone wants for one. I haven’t run across anything like that in recent months. It’s a sellers market for guns at the moment and Remington’s are selling for higher because of the unknown about whether they will still be making firearms going forward as well. You could throw out a WTB ad on some websites, but I’d only buy from a member with street cred. Good luck.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
put a wtb ad on 24hourcampfire.com. Tons of users there and just about everything you could want.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where do you guys look when you're trying to find a specific gun? I am looking for a used Remington 700 Mountain rifle in 270 Win. Long story, needs to be exactly that. I'm pretty much limited to google search as far as technology goes so I get to gunbroker or gunsamerica, thats about the end of the search. I'm sure there's one in a pawn shop or somewhere for sale but at a loss to find it. Thanks, TWN

Here is a 270 700 mountain rifle
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/886692196

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44