Lowrance Chirp 7 Sale

KiYi

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you post the swarovski link?

- - - Updated - - -

BUY IT!!!!!!

A guy on a different forum just posted the same type of thread except it's for some Swarovski binoculars. On a big sale but still expensive. This graph is WAY cheaper!!!!! haha

- - - Updated - - -

I know the feeling... Glad I could help out!

Can you post the swarovski deal link?

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you post the swarovski link?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you post the swarovski deal link?

Go to eurooptic.com

They have the 10x42 EL for $1,800. HELL of a deal!

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
my attitude toward products that are suddenly marked way down by the manufacturer....

enhanced-buzz-31703-1335541385-4.jpg

JCNodak

Honored Member
I have this unit as well. I think it is OK, but it doesn't blow my hair back. I was excited to use the Down Imaging but so far, it just looks to me like a different colored Sonar. Can one of you that have this unit point me in the right direction of a setting to change? I am also looking at map cards as the preloaded maps are not very accurate. I have experienced the momentary freezing but it does come back. I am having trouble keeping it reading bottom while under way. I know that is a trancducer height problem but it is already spraying water. I don't want to go much lower with it.

- - - Updated - - -

my attitude toward products that are suddenly marked way down by the manufacturer....

From what I can tell it's marked down because they don't make them anymore. You either need to go with the Elite Touch or the Chirp series.

jtillman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have this unit as well. I think it is OK, but it doesn't blow my hair back.

I installed this on my boat last weekend and used it quite a bit. Compared to the two older Sonar/GPS units I had in the boat, this is freaking awesome. When compared to more expensive units, what JCNodak says is exactly what I think. Just a few notes / observations of my first few days behind the screen:

1. The mapping card that came with it is awesome. We moved to a new lake this year (MN), and I knew I was missing a lot on my older units/cards....this one had 1ft contours and holy crap did that help me a lot understanding the lake last weekend. A lot of the tips & tricks that the 'old-timers' shared with me made a lot more sense now with this extra detail.

2. The map / scrolling issues.....I had no issues at all while fishing and zoomed in real close. Moving at any speed over 5mph, while zoomed in had many issues. Once I zoomed out a few times, a lot less issues with the 'freezing' or slow loading. Far from perfect, but I can deal with it. Cruising at 25 mph+ zoomed out a bit, only the very top of my screen would be slow loading (course-up setting selected).

3. Specifically in the page view that has the Map, Sonar & DI screen on. There are some goofy things that you have to do to select the window you want to have active (I.E. the Map versus the DI window). There were a few times where I meant to zoom in/out on the map and I was zooming in/out on the DI window instead. I'm sure on the touch screens it's easier to do that.

Overall I'd recommend this, especially if you have an older Sonar/Chartplotter that needs updating, but you don't have a bunch of money to burn. But if your a guy/gal that won't be able to deal with a few issues and workarounds, don't waste your time....just go buy the more expensive HDS units.

Edit/update on #2. I forgot to mention on the map / scrolling issues....one of the old-timers informed me he thought if I changed my settings to 'North-Up' instead of course-up, the map won't have to re-load as much as it does when you are in course up. He says when he's fishing, he'll do course-up so it's a little easier for him to follow a contour...but when cruising or making a long run, he'll select North-up. I'll give it a try this weekend and see if it helps.

Last edited:

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't get a unit without CHIRP sonar. I bought a Lowrance Elite-7 HDI last year for the front of the boat and an Elite-5X CHIRP for the counsal this spring when my old Bird gave out. I set them side by side the other day on the lake to see if there was a noticeable difference and was surprised at how much there was. The transducer for the 7 is up front on the trolling motor and the 5 is on the transom in back. I would see a bump on the bottom cross the screen on the 7 and a few seconds later I would see a rock with a couple of fish beside it on the little 5. Would never have known the fish were there if all I had was the 7. The 5 usually showed almost twice as many blips as the 7 and I had the settings identical for both units. Also it was easier to tell the difference between bait schools on the bottom and grass or trees. Sure wish I had the money back that I spent on the 7 last year even though it does a pretty good job overall.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought the unit last year and with the transducer losing bottom at speed you have to angle the transducer so that it aims a little forward it doesn't take much but it worked for me. I like the detail the unit has like pony said. Question for you all, The older unit just sent one signal down to the bottom and back the chirp sents 3 signal down and back. how much of this is felt by the fish and does it affect the fishing over time if you are anchoredin one spot for a period of time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88