Lunchbox Items

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Recently changed jobs and I only get 1/2hr for lunch time. I started bringing a lunchbox with. Sammiches may get a lil' old week after week. If you don't do lunch away from work, what are some of the things you take with to eat on your lunch breaks?

Today is a chicken breast deli meat on 12-grain bread with provolone cheese & Miracle Whip; apple; and some raw veggies. Yesterday was a bowl of NE Clam Chowder heated up in the microwave. Next week I'll probably switch over to turkey breast and swiss cheese for my sammiches.

Got some other ideas I can stock up on?? :cool:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grapenuts, can of condensed milk and beet slices.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they have a microwave, I would just pack the left overs from the last nights meal.

I prefer to eat left overs than sammiches, but my skinny wife is a good damn cook, and has made me the fat bastard I am.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pizza -- can eat it warmed up or cold and easy clean-up.

Cold Pizza - Agreed. But ONLY if one of the two cock sauce bottles are along for the ride.

sriracha-compass-752110_0.jpg

IMG_1980500x500JPG-1.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
mrs johnr uses the first cock sauce on most of the oriental food she makes.
She is a white American, Caucasian, non Hispanic, or whatever class they must file us into, but she sure can make Asian food like she comes from over seas

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would try to get in a habit of having fruit and vegetables every day. Lunchbox sammichs made me fat, although my therapist says it is too much beer and couch. I have to agree or I get no loving. Sad story. That is all.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you haven't - you HAVE to try the sweet chili on cold pizza - WOW - it has ruined plain cold pizza for me. it's also great on saute'd peppers/onions with white rice (as a side for teriyaki chicken and such)

I use Sriracha for hot foods like hot pizza, mix Sriracha with mayo (real mayo - NOT salad dressing) for an easy aioli for sashimi/sushi, etc.

geez I'm hungry now

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have both cock sauces in the fridge. That felt incredibly weird to type. But yes, sriracha on many foods and great with mayo when we make sushi. the chili sauce is great on many things, ESPECIALLY cold pizza.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sriracha and Honey Mustard Gunslinger are a must in my fridge.

As far as lunchbox stuff I (my wife) try to cook double so we can take leftovers for lunches. When I'm going out on site and take a cooler its sandwiches but i can only take that for so long before i start getting creative. I have several fast food places near work so I always try to bring lunch with me otherwise my mind thinks "well its faster to go to 'insert greasy fast food joint here' than it is to run home and make something". And from experience if that is repeated to many times you will be on the treadmill at 5:30 am feeling like you could possibly die at any moment.

And yes as I type this I am eating Jimmy Johns...

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sriracha, Gunslinger, Franks...............yum.

I love cold fried chicken. The trick is to let the chicken cool down in the fridge uncovered, that way the skin stays crispy and tasty when cold, and not all soggy and yucky. :;:cheers

Flinger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty much covered but....
If u have a microwave, big dinners on the weekends to tide u over during the week.... or just make hamburger helper Sunday night n put in trays for the week.
Sandwiches get old fast but if u get a plug in skillet, I've cooked burgers or meat in a hurry or even hot sandwiches are alot better.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cold deer sausage is not too shabby. Cheetos are not the best for you, but they are tasty in a lunch box. Jalapeño cheetos dipped in sour cream is more than a fantasy.

7mmshooter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ate so many sandwiches for lunch when I was younger it's tough to eat them now. Mostly leftovers now if I stop to eat.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I try to mix it up one day it's sandwiches next leftovers. With the occasional day of gas station food mixed in. I always try and have a bag of trail mix in the pickup if I need a bite to eat between breaks.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76