Man overboard

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
MOUNTRAIL COUNTY, N.D. (KMOT) – A body has been located in Lake Sakakawea that matches that of 73-year-old Richard Mickelson, an angler who went overboard, according to Mountrail County Sheriff Corey Bristol.

The sheriff told Your News Leader the body was discovered around 3:30 p.m. Friday by a passing boater, roughly a mile and a half southeast of the Van Hook ramp.

Bristol said he transported the body to the state forensic examiner’s office in Bismarck for positive identification.

Bristol thanked the various agencies and everyday citizens who aided in the search, as well as those who provided support for those who were searching.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rest In Peace Richard. Prayers to the family and friends. Thank you to all who helped in the recovery process.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder how many people who can’t swim at all drown from a boat compared to how many can swim?? Everyone I know who cannot swim even a little always has a life jacket on. I am always on edge when I go fishing alone, all it would take is falling out when the boat is in gear or the trolling motor on and I would be done if I didn’t have a life jacket on. And that’s not counting when i musky fish in November with my winter gear on. Not that it would matter that time of year with with cold weather. I always figured 5 to ten seconds to get back to the boat or I would be a goner

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88