Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
F6056BEC-6B1A-4363-8004-383D63F3532E.jpeg

Seems a bit extreme, doesn’t it?

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Worms cannot be in any form of dirt years ago we used to get detained at the border, because they thought they were packed in dirt when it was clearly newspaper shredding. We didn't like paying 6 bucks a dozen for 4 inch "nightcrawlers"

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn! I suspect it's really just a matter of time and only the ocean anglers will be using live baitfish.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
back to salties. Actually, this is the only year I have used live bait up there. Salties work just fine but it is nice to have the option.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
No live bait and barbless hooks were the norm up the for a long time. I know my dad and his buddies were busted in the 80s. They froze their minnows solid before heading north. When they were checked by by a warden, he grabbed a handful and put them in a cup of water. One or two slightly twitched after a couple minutes. Instantly written up for live bait and had to pay the queen.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leeches, being aquatic in nature, can more easily bring with them undesirables. Viruses, bacteria, zebra mussel veligers, spiny water flea, etc. One doesn't have to be the size of the common European carp to pose a problem.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
"The State of North Dakota considers watercraft powered by fossil fuel motors to be hazardous to aquatic life. Effective sooner than you think all motorized watercraft registrations will include hundreds of dollars paid to Hoeven and his carbon pipeline cronies to mitigate the damage caused by motorboats."

It's coming folks. Show up at the Burleigh Commission meeting tonight or cry later.

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
It has already started here in ND with the banning of sucker minnows, even in native waters. Also spot tail shiners and other small shiner varieties. I bet it won't be long and they make chubs illegal for fishing as well. I even think there are a couple lakes in ND where you can't use live bait? Velva sportsman's dam comes to mind if I remember correctly...

A ton of our leeches come from Minnesota, I wouldn't be surprised if that is all cut off shortly too. The gov definitely loves to control stuff. Sadly it's always a fight with these agencies to try and retain our rights as users of a resource.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I bet it won't be long and they make chubs illegal for fishing as well.
This wouldn't break my heart. I'm kidding, sort of. I'm not big on extra regulations, but having to use chubs to do anything in a tournament is annoying. That dragging chubs around is boring!

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
All these laws are turning me more and more patriotic. If the founding fathers were still alive, they’d have a poster of me in their bedrooms.
#patrioticmancrush.com

Holla atcha boy

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably won't have any minnows to deal with anyhow after all the winter kill takes place. Not gonna be a pretty thing I'm afraid.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back in February when the weather was actually a bit better they were talking around 50, so 70+ doesn’t surprise me. Bad time of the year to get more cold and snow as far as oxygen levels go.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 98
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 33