Maple River Labs

Griz

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m wondering if anyone has bought a pup from them and the results .

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m wondering if anyone has bought a pup from them and the results .
Which dogs are you looking at they have a couple good ones I would say could be a nice dog. They have some of the English show dog type labs that I would not even consider. Post up the pedigree of the pup you are looking at. Health wise looks as most certs are done.

Griz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which dogs are you looking at they have a couple good ones I would say could be a nice dog. They have some of the English show dog type labs that I would not even consider. Post up the pedigree of the pup you are looking at. Health wise looks as most certs are done.
I’m not really sure . My wife saw the white labs and fell in love with the pups . It would be used for waterfowl and self trained

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m not really sure . My wife saw the white labs and fell in love with the pups . It would be used for waterfowl and self trained
Those are just a light colored yellow and the ones they have are the fat show labs. They are not built for the field. They have some of the dark yellows who are out of torgs labs who are really good dogs and would be a way way way better fit for a dog that will do any work. What they have done to labs in the show ring is such a detriment to the breed. At least it’s not a silver

Griz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those are just a light colored yellow and the ones they have are the fat show labs. They are not built for the field. They have some of the dark yellows who are out of torgs labs who are really good dogs and would be a way way way better fit for a dog that will do any work. What they have done to labs in the show ring is such a detriment to the breed. At least it’s not a silver
Thank you much for the response . I was hoping you would respond as I read about you and your dog and experience.

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
It's not only Labs the looks good breeders have polluted..

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you much for the response . I was hoping you would respond as I read about you and your dog and experience.
Lots of good puppy’s around right now . How soon are you wanting one? If you go to huntinglabpedigree.com and search puppies it will give you lots of options. If you find one I would look at pedigree as there are some dogs that might be a little on the hot side and others who make noise in the blind that you would want to avoid. All the pups listed on there will have health certs and come from good breeders.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
How are the hips rated? Don’t mess around with a dog that doesn’t come from a mom with top ratings
And dad . No reason to ever buy a lab that isn’t good or better ofa hips and elbows from both parents. Along with all genetic tests. Eic would be gone if it wasn’t for back yard breeders.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ruby x Nix
Was looking at the pedigree and was pleasantly surprised to see that the girl dog we lost and the new girl pup share an ancestor, FC Running With The Devil.
She'll be a full time family pet, casual gun dog, but will be getting lots of reps as a deer recovery dog.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got another pup coming this summer....I'm a lab hoarder. I can put you in touch with pups that will be blk and yellow out of the holzinger kennel studs. Will be ready late June I believe. Yellow Ruger and black Reuger on their site are involved with this litter. All health etc. In my opinion..Raider lines are the best out there. Again jmo. Proven in field, tests , house. My last raider dog just died new years day. 16 yrs old. So mild mannered and bird psycho!

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is nothing like getting a new puppy, you only get so many in a lifetime. Enjoy.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love the young dog stage through transition. They are learning so much and fast. You feel like you really making progress. Running big dog stuff is fun but now the training is fine tuning and fixing little details most people don’t notice.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let the games begin!
411A8161.jpeg

411A8193.jpeg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143