Marcum Underwater Camera

tommygun23

Established Member
I seen Scheels had a deal on a Marcum vs485c, was wondering if anyone had any experience with these units or the 625c model. Is it worth $300 to get the 485? Never used a camera much so not sure how advantageous it would be. Think it would be interesting to see what's down there from time to time.

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I got the marcum recon 5...it's there handheld unit.... Won't get it till after Christmas though lol wife wouldn't even let me look at the box when it came in .. I'm dying to try it out

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
for the 3rd time... still got a great deal on a Marcum Pan-Cam if anyone is interested. Brand new in box. Never opened. I ended up with 2 somehow. Make an offer. ;)

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Marcum SV625SD. I had an old Aqua View camera before so it's hard for me to compare to todays cameras. Having worked in wetland ecology for years watching the camera is as much fun as catching fish for me. I have caught fish that didn't move the bobber. They would get it in their mouth and hold it for ten or fifteen seconds and drop it. So after this happened a half dozen times I hit them when it was in their mouth. Worked great for me.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Marcum SV625SD. I had an old Aqua View camera before so it's hard for me to compare to todays cameras. Having worked in wetland ecology for years watching the camera is as much fun as catching fish for me. I have caught fish that didn't move the bobber. They would get it in their mouth and hold it for ten or fifteen seconds and drop it. So after this happened a half dozen times I hit them when it was in their mouth. Worked great for me.

Agree 100% with this. Found out first hand one day last winter. I was fishing in my smaller permanent with my better half. I was using my Vex FL 20 and on the other side of the house she was using the C-Fish camera that I had gotten her..haha I was marking fish but they weren't biting. My wife was pulling up perch consistently. She was setting the hook when she saw them open their mouths on the lure, pretty much before bite was felt at the rod tip. I got schooled that day! hahaha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55