Metigoshe

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife was talking to a friend that lives on Metigoshe. She said that her son and a friend were shore fishing along with 2 others (not in his group) and saw 2 people on the Lake in a row boat. I don't know where they were on Metigoshe but her son said that one of the guys went to pull the anchor and fell overboard. Her son called 911 and reported the accident while he was getting some rope from his truck. Between the 4 on the shore and the guy in the boat they were able to get the guy back into the boat before the rescue people got there. Don't know if this will make the news before it makes the news in the Botno Courant.

Davey PM sent.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
So is the lake wide open or is this just a bridge hole? Just kind of curious on this whole thing since I in my younger and undoubtedly more bulletproof days pushed many a small boat with nothing more than wooden oars and or a small trolling motor into open gaps in the ice especially up on DL along 57, 20 and once on Highway 19. Now none of the boats I was in ever had much of a "problem" but in reality we were always dancing far closer to the edge of danger then our young invisible minds could understand even with on two occasions having seen and helped guys get pulled to shore with their half sunken boats. But all that said it was insanely simplistic fishing and some of the most unbelievable Pig female walleye fishing I've ever done and thus laid down some of my favorite memories that I will never forget! Not sure why but there's something about the combination of decent amount of risk plus skipping out of college classes combined with the first open water fishing to get one pumped up. Add that to some of the first nice weather days of the year and big porky walleyes and you have the recipe for making something temptingly fun well simultaneously probably not one the best ideas anyone has ever had!

Now add in spring snows in the morning and evening along with the bar after the geese and I'm surprised I ever survived the North Dakota version of spring break and im even more surprised I can even remember any of it! LOL;:;rofl

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was surprised the ice was off enough for a boat , The pond here is still fully iced over . I told my wife a week ago that our thermometer is stuck on 20 and it seems like it still is

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Took my bride up to the drive inn for a burger today, There is a small spot of open water under the bridge and a small spot just north of the Dam.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Took my bride up to the drive inn for a burger today, There is a small spot of open water under the bridge and a small spot just north of the Dam.

If you didn’t get a pizza burger and some beer battered onion rings, well then I don’t even know you anymore

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member

We'll be up to Botno on Tuesday to get our mail and will drive to Metigoshe. The two boat fishermen must have launched/dragged their boat to the open water under the bridge.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88