What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
Mid Day Walleyes on Audubon
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ndbwhunter" data-source="post: 317477" data-attributes="member: 1288"><p>Had the permanent set up over a saddle in 24ft with deeper water on both sides. Managed to find some fish, but the primetime seemed to be between 11pm - 3am. We had a few moving through between 6pm - 11pm but they were few and far between. </p><p></p><p>Has anyone had success finding walleyes during the day? Does it have anything to do with the water clarity and the fact that I could see bottom in 24ft, or could it have been the colder temps this weekend? I've always been content with the late night bite, but I'd like to get the kids on some fish so I'm exploring my options to see if I could find the type of structure or depth that might hold active fish during the day.</p><p></p><p>Also, be very careful if you're running and gunning on the lake. I could see no less than six areas with open water from my house. One of the large areas was along the big pressure ridge toward the north side, but there were other areas that weren't so obvious. As of Sunday, they hadn't froze over yet but with these temps there is a good chance they could skim over just enough to be dangerous.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ndbwhunter, post: 317477, member: 1288"] Had the permanent set up over a saddle in 24ft with deeper water on both sides. Managed to find some fish, but the primetime seemed to be between 11pm - 3am. We had a few moving through between 6pm - 11pm but they were few and far between. Has anyone had success finding walleyes during the day? Does it have anything to do with the water clarity and the fact that I could see bottom in 24ft, or could it have been the colder temps this weekend? I've always been content with the late night bite, but I'd like to get the kids on some fish so I'm exploring my options to see if I could find the type of structure or depth that might hold active fish during the day. Also, be very careful if you're running and gunning on the lake. I could see no less than six areas with open water from my house. One of the large areas was along the big pressure ridge toward the north side, but there were other areas that weren't so obvious. As of Sunday, they hadn't froze over yet but with these temps there is a good chance they could skim over just enough to be dangerous. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Today at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Today at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Today at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Today at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Today at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Yesterday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Sunday at 11:14 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Ice Fishing
Mid Day Walleyes on Audubon
Top
Bottom