Mini Truck for Ice Fishing?

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
maxresdefault.jpg
Has anyone looked into setting up one of these mini trucks as an ice fishing unit? On the surface, it seems like a cheaper and maybe better option than a sxs. I wonder how hard it is to get parts, when/if needed. Coming with a/c, heat, enclosed cab, stree ready, for what seems to be a cheap price tag is at least making me give them a look. Anyone have any opinions on this?

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 05 suzuki i have 7500 into it no tracks though, I used chains on the stock tires when there wasnt much snow i have oversized 4 wheeler tires on it now, mine has high and low range 4wd no diff locks though. They arent as off road worthy as a ranger. parts are available. like everything else they are going up in price

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel like this was discussed on here before and the conclusion was they were not as great as they sound. interested to hear more though

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I drove a mini truck like that for surveying. It barely had enough power to turn the tires, so can't believe it would do well with tracks.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont even think they are 4WD are they? I dont think they are made for snow. perhaps i am wrong

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I looked at these as well. I wondered if they had enough power and enough suspension.
I think most of them are 4WD

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had one and they are so front heavy that without 4 wheel drive you would be stuck in 6 inches of snow. Look at them. The engine, tranny, battery, and YOU are all in the front. The drive wheels are in the BACK. Drop the front end of that thing into any drift and you are shoveling to get out. They are GREAT in summer for tooling around and hauling stuff, but for winter, get something else. They leave LOTS on the table. Even with tracks, the 660 cc engine I had in mine was way under powered to do much other than fling snow and cause a guy to go broke filling his wifes swear jar. Good Luck!!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I had one and they are so front heavy that without 4 wheel drive you would be stuck in 6 inches of snow. Look at them. The engine, tranny, battery, and YOU are all in the front. The drive wheels are in the BACK. Drop the front end of that thing into any drift and you are shoveling to get out. They are GREAT in summer for tooling around and hauling stuff, but for winter, get something else. They leave LOTS on the table. Even with tracks, the 660 cc engine I had in mine was way under powered to do much other than fling snow and cause a guy to go broke filling his wifes swear jar. Good Luck!!
Thanks for the info

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I remember correctly there is a guy on BisMan and I think he is from New Leipzig, ND that sells these little buggers.
AD #

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88